Bookish Kingdom discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Of The Month Readalong > BOTM June 2018 Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilsen (last edited May 25, 2018 11:15PM) (new)

Ilsen Leon | 768 comments Mod
Hi everyone!

So I know all of us have been busy with our lives but I really miss BOTM so I wanted to take charge of BOTM and buddy reads for the group. I will have everything up on what is happening in terms of buddy read. I think it's a bit too late into the month of May to have a BOTM but for June we can start suggesting.

Here you can suggest a book you'd like to read for the BOTM readalong (+ discussion) of June :)

- The theme/genre for this month will be "LGBTQIA+". The book you suggest has to be a book has to have representation of LGBTQIA :)
- You can suggest one book.
- The book can be the first book of a series or a standalone.
- This thread will close the 26th of May, so you have a week to suggest books and then you have three days to vote on the poll.
- A poll will be created the 26th of May, including 6 of your suggested books with the most recommendations and the highest average ratings on GoodReads.
- The poll will close the 29th of May and the BOTM June will be announced :)

Books suggested until now:

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

(If you suggest the same book that someone else already mentioned, it has a better chance of being on the poll!)

message 2: by Ilsen (last edited May 25, 2018 11:18PM) (new)

I suggested They Both Die At the End! Unfortunately I won't be able to do the readalong but I will definitely join the discussion at the end! Anyone who wants to join please let me know so I can add you to the list!

BOTM June Participants:

Me (just for discussion)
Becca (just for discussion)
Cordelianne
Regsly
Ayla

message 3: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 192 comments Mod
I would like to read They both die at the end as well, I once started when I wasn't in the mood and I never got around to finishing it!

message 4: by Ilsen (new)

Ok yay!! So one more vote for They Both Die at the End!

The Half-blood Reader (half_bloodreader) | 948 comments Mod
I vote for They both die at the end as well!

message 6: by Ilsen (new)

Yay!! If it turns out, no one suggests anything then by popular vote one book will win so no poll necessary.

message 7: by Bec (new)

Bec (_becandbooks) | 473 comments AH I completely missed this thread and there is only one day left! (Can I suggest that an email is sent to the group when these threads/polls go up?)

I vote for The Miseducation of Cameron Post because I REALLY wanna read this book and it should be a hella good discussion. I've already read They Both Die at the End so I will just join for discussion if it gets chosen.

message 8: by Ilsen (new)

Oh I’m so sorry Becca! I will send an email next time once I figure out how to do that! Those books will definitely be added

message 9: by Bec (new)

Bec (_becandbooks) | 473 comments It's fine! Just thought it was an idea.

message 10: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (goodreadscomayla) | 655 comments Mod
I suggest Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy :)

This one has been on my tbr for such a long time and I've been dying to read it :D

message 11: by Ilsen (new)

Ok I am adding the suggestions right now!

message 12: by Ilsen (new)

If anyone still wants to suggest more books, now is the time to say some! Then the thread will be closed and the poll will go up! Thank you for the suggestions!

message 13: by Ilsen (new)

Poll is up!! Thank you for your suggestions! It should be featured on the home page!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.