Classic Trash discussion

Member Discussions > The Russians?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmott) | 376 comments I'm starting to get friend requests from obviously-fake Russian accounts. I'm curious what their plans are to sway the literati on Goodreads? I'm tempted to accept because I want to know what books they'd recommend to make me an ignorant and divisive tool of the Putin state. :-)

message 2: by Cheryl (last edited May 19, 2018 03:58PM) (new)

Cheryl | 947 comments Go to the group Goodreads Feedback. Someone else is having the same trouble and wrote about it in this thread:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I'm not sure if you must be a member to read the thread. Anyway, they said to send them an email so that Goodreads Support can look into it:

support (at) goodreads (dot) com

or go to the Help page and click Contact from the Menu on the left side of the page.
https://www.goodreads.com/help

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmott) | 376 comments Thanks Cheryl! It’s good to have a friend in the know...

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 947 comments Sarah wrote: "Thanks Cheryl! It’s good to have a friend in the know..."

I'm glad I could help. That Goodreads Feedback group is a very useful resource when I have problems with the webpage or the app. They actually monitor the threads and answer you pretty quickly.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmott) | 376 comments They seem to be very good. I wrote them about adding a book on Gnosticism and they did I it in eight hours. Now that’s service!

message 6: by Adelaide (new)

Adelaide Blair | 1079 comments Mod
I get weird friend requests, but I just ignore them without looking at the person. I'm too cool for friends.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  | 1 comments Me, too. They say they are from Brooklyn but everything is in Russian. Gearing up for the next election, no doubt!