You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Buddy Reads > The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle #4)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 170 (170 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments We discussed in the The Daylight War thread that (the end of) June would be a good time to read The Skull Throne. I think Margo, Jannene and Cherie are interested, anyone else? Feel free to join!

Any suggestions on when to start? Just throwing something out there: How about June 24?

message 2: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20714 comments Works for me, Peggy. I haven't purchased it yet, but I will.

message 3: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments Works for me too Peggy - I'll stick a reminder in my calendar ;-)

message 4: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments June 24 works here as well.

message 5: by Cherie (last edited Jun 13, 2018 01:55PM) (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20714 comments I bought a copy of the book today, so I will be ready to start on the 24th.

message 6: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4619 comments i just checked it out the ebok from the library. i'm going to join you.

message 7: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments Woohoo!!! I have two books going right now but hope to have them finished by the 24th.

message 8: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments Same here Jannene!

message 9: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments Yay Ester - glad you will be joining. Can't wait to get started 😁

message 10: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments I'm starting a bit later. I've been super tired the past week and haven't read much. I'm still reading the same two books as last week, and I want to finish one before starting a new one.

message 11: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments Will we postpone the start date by a few days Peggy? I'm easy - lots of books to be read!

message 12: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments I don't mind. I can catch up within a few days, so go ahead if everyone else is ready. I hope to finish one or both of the books in one or two days :)

message 13: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments I will wait for the others to check in. I am very immersed in Stonehenge so I don't mind holding off - on the other hand I can read them in tandem ;-)

message 14: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments I can start now or in a few days. I finished both of my books over the weekend. Finished The Quiet Game late last night. It was 559 pages! So, I really didn’t want to start something until that huge one was done.

I finished The Black Dahlia on Saturday.

I am doing a buddy read with Dominique as well. I can juggle two books. I have a hard time juggling three. I’m not sure how the others do it. :)

message 15: by Esther (last edited Jun 25, 2018 08:23AM) (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4619 comments I started yesterday. Nice way to start a holiday.
Good thing there was a prologue. It had been a while since i read this series and it allowed me to get myself back into it.
I have just finished the chapter 3.
I am wondering how it is going to turn out and how long, or more accurately how big a part of the book, Arlen's insane idea will cover.
(view spoiler)
Also, it seems Renna still annoys the heck out of me. Any one else???

message 16: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments Lol @ Renna still annoys the heck out of me!! I couldn’t stand her in the last book. It sounds like my view isn’t going to change in this book. :)

message 17: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments I saw last night that Ester had started so I started as well. I am juggling 3 books so I will be slow :-)

I listened to the first 2 chapters. (view spoiler)

message 18: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments I'll start tonight or tomorrow. I got both of my other books nearly finished.

Not happy to hear your thoughts on Renna, Esther. She really annoys me too.

message 19: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments Man, I apparently need to add you guys to my friends list so I can spy on you as well and see when you jump start! :)

message 20: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments As you will see, I am a very slow typist!

But yes, Renna is bugging me already :-O

message 21: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments I'm curious to know which cover you guys have. Mine is The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle, #4) by Peter V. Brett . I think it is Rojer.

message 22: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments I have the same. I also think it's Rojer.

message 23: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments Mine is Renna...sighs. The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle, #4) by Peter V. Brett .

message 24: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments Lol! I had a female on one of the other covers. I think the last book, but I'm not sure who it was. I'll check.

message 25: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments Yes, that is the cover that came up automatically on GR for me too. I'm so glad I don't have that lol

message 26: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments Peggy wrote: "Lol! I had a female on one of the other covers. I think the last book, but I'm not sure who it was. I'll check."

I had Inerva on my last book cover.

message 27: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments I think she was on mine too. In the blue dress?

I had Arlen on the first cover and I think Jardir on the second. My final book has a demon. I wonder if Leesha is on any of the covers.

message 28: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4619 comments Jannene wrote: "Mine is Renna...sighs.The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle, #4) by Peter V. Brett."

I have the same cover. But she is holding a knife. At least she will get me a slot for the ZZ challenge.

message 29: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments Peggy wrote: "I think she was on mine too. In the blue dress?

I had Arlen on the first cover and I think Jardir on the second. My final book has a demon. I wonder if Leesha is on any of the covers."

I had Inerva in a red dress. The Daylight War (Demon Cycle, #3) by Peter V. Brett

message 30: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments Jannene wrote: "Peggy wrote: "I think she was on mine too. In the blue dress?

I had Arlen on the first cover and I think Jardir on the second. My final book has a demon. I wonder if Leesha is on any of the covers..."

So did I.

message 31: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20714 comments I have the same cover that Jannene has. I read the Prologue and Chapter 1 during lunch today. (view spoiler)

message 32: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20714 comments I am reading in chapter 5 now. I really like the back stories on the lady warriors!

message 33: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments I started too. I read the prologue on the train this morning and then I fell asleep. That wasn't due to the book though!

message 34: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments I'm only read the prologue and the first chapter. I thought I'd read the second chapter due to audibles incredibly annoying habit of calling the prologue "chapter 1"!

I started chapter 2 last night then, like Peggy, I fell asleep! No, not boredom! I blame the heat - we are not used to being warm at night lol

Cherie, you are flying through it!

message 35: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4619 comments Cherie wrote: "I am reading in chapter 5 now. I really like the back stories on the lady warriors!"
I really like the back story as well.

I just finished chapter 5.... I cannot remember exactly what Abban game was in the previous book, I can deduce a bit but i have the impression i forgot a important piece of this puzzle.

message 36: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments If you ask your question (maybe in a spoiler) I'm sure someone here can explain. Most of us read the previous book only 2 or 3 months ago. I have to admit I always forget details very quickly, but there must be people here with a better memory than mine.

message 37: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments I have to be honest, I haven’t started the book but will tonight. I wanted to finish The Woman in the Woods which I just did.

message 38: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments Page 18

(view spoiler)

message 39: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments Lol Jannene! I do hope there's not as much of it as there was in the previous book.

message 40: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments LOL Jannenne - you and me both!!

My problem with reading at the moment is staying awake! The heat is wearing me out and stopping me from sleeping well. It 32c here at the moment and your average Irish person is not built for these extremes of temperature *yawn*

message 41: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments Haha, I just finished chapter 2 and fell asleep for 30 minutes. It's hot here too (27) and then sitting outside and focusing on a book I just feel my eyes closing.

message 42: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20714 comments Esther - re Abban (view spoiler)

message 43: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20714 comments I got off of work a little early today and made the most of my time reading this book before I have to go home and tackle a task I have been putting off for a time. At least I will be able to listen to an audiobook while I do it.

I finished reading chapters 6-8. Awesome chapters!!! It was hard to stop but it is a good break point at the end of chapter 8.

message 44: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments Cherie wrote: "Esther - re Abban [spoilers removed]"

Cherie, he was in one of the earlier chapters too. I think it was chapter 2. (view spoiler)

message 45: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments I finished chapter 4 yesterday and the last bit of the chapter reminded me too much of the crappy sex scenes he writes. (view spoiler)

message 46: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments Peggy (view spoiler)

message 47: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments I also keep getting confused, especially by minor characters from Jardir's world. There are too many, and when I recognize their names I never remember who they are exactly or what I'm supposed to know about them. My book has a family tree of Jardir's family at the end, it looks so complicated I'm not even going to look at it.

message 48: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments I'm glad it's not just me 😃

message 49: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15599 comments Today I drank some ice coffee before I started reading and I managed to stay awake ;-)

message 50: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10292 comments Good tip Peggy :)

« previous 1 3 4