Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Interracial Topic in the Media > The Royal Wedding

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1284 comments A beautiful ceremony. I enjoyed every minute of it. I teared up. The gospel choir hit it out of the park.
The dress and train- WOW! Timeless.
Meghan made a beautiful bride

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Justine wrote: "A beautiful ceremony. I enjoyed every minute of it. I teared up. The gospel choir hit it out of the park.
Meghan made a beautiful bride"

Justine I loved the tiara, and the train. The dress was just a dress for me. I did like the neckline though. To be honest I wasn't that big on Kate's either so there is that.

Now the ceremony hit it out the park. I wonder if it played different for Brits versus us Americans? I loved the gospel choir. They should record that version of Stand By Me, it would definitely chart.

message 3: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 60 comments Harry is clearly head over heels with Meghan. It was adorable to watch. That moment when he lifts her veil and says “Hi”? I swoooooooned.

message 4: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1284 comments What about the cellist? He was amazing!

message 5: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1284 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Justine wrote: "A beautiful ceremony. I enjoyed every minute of it. I teared up. The gospel choir hit it out of the park.
Meghan made a beautiful bride"

Justin..."

I loved loved the simplicity and clean lines of the dress. The silhouette was perfect. Timeless and elegant. That's a dress that will never be dated. I love it.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Alexis wrote: "Harry is clearly head over heels with Meghan. It was adorable to watch. That moment when he lifts her veil and says “Hi”? I swoooooooned."

description

message 7: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 60 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Alexis wrote: "Harry is clearly head over heels with Meghan. It was adorable to watch. That moment when he lifts her veil and says “Hi”? I swoooooooned."

"

He wants her so much. I can’t stop grinning. I need to find myself a redhead. :p

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Justine wrote: "I loved loved the simplicity and clean lines of the dress. The silhouette was perfect. Timeless and elegant. That's a dress that will never be dated. I love it. "

I agree it will never look dated. It just didn't vavoom me either. I didn't think it ugly, just not that memorable to me by itself. I loved the veil, tiara, and makeup though. I think her makeup was flawless, and looked so natural. Overall she looked beautiful. She got it from her momma.

description

message 9: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 60 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Justine wrote: "I loved loved the simplicity and clean lines of the dress. The silhouette was perfect. Timeless and elegant. That's a dress that will never be dated. I love it. "

I agree it will n..."

Awww, this is my first time seeing this picture. Meghan’s mom looks so emotional. Awww.

message 10: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1284 comments Alexis wrote: "Paganalexandria wrote: "Justine wrote: "I loved loved the simplicity and clean lines of the dress. The silhouette was perfect. Timeless and elegant. That's a dress that will never be dated. I love ..."
Gorg,,, positively gorg! :-)

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1415 comments I love that her mom kept her nose stud in!

Also Harry wiped tears during the wedding. Gosh darn it!

Count me in as one who thinks the dress is fabulous. Clean lines, no fripperies, flounces or lace. It is very much her style which is very minimalist and chic. Also not a ton of makeup so you saw her freckles and her hair was not overdone either.

Did you guys see her reception dress? Powder blue and fab and she and Harry drove off in a sweet little Jaguar. Also she was wearing a wonking blue ring that was one of Diana's.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Now I really like her second dress

description

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments JESSICA wrote: "I love how classy and beautiful she looked! I want that dress for my renewals! Lol. I thought it was so romantic. Something right out of a Disney movie! The way they both looked at each other (Sigh..."

I knew it was all giving me Disney teas...funny seeing it confirmed with your pics. lol

message 14: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1284 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Now I really like her second dress

"

Gorgeous couple.

message 15: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1284 comments Tina wrote: "I love that her mom kept her nose stud in!

"

Me too. I was thinking the very same thing

message 16: by Rise (new)

Rise | 39 comments The wedding was absolutely beautiful

message 17: by Anika (new)

Anika | 42 comments I thought the dress was a bit boring tbh. The wedding was nice but I dont' understand why we needed that forest in the church, didn't add anything. Wouldnt' be surprised to learn that thing cost millions.

I thought her mother looked lovely but I didn't like that she seemed to be all alone and overwhelmed. Surely Meghan couln't left off one of the z-listers and allowed her mother to bring a friend? That was the main thing that bothered me about this wedding.

message 18: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 60 comments Anika wrote: "I thought the dress was a bit boring tbh. The wedding was nice but I dont' understand why we needed that forest in the church, didn't add anything. Wouldnt' be surprised to learn that thing cost mi..."

I seriously doubt that Meghan or Harry or anyone else told her mother that she couldn’t bring a friend because Meghan had to invite another “Z lister”.

Both Harry and Meghan have said kind things about Doria and I doubt any mother would be treated like that at her daughter’s wedding. The woman wore a nose ring to the wedding, if she wanted to bring a friend or a family member, I’m sure she would have.

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1415 comments The thing about the dress, though, is that is very much her style wheelhouse. If you look at what she has worn over the past year you'll see that she very much favors clean lines, structured architectural cuts, and neutral colors. She is very much a minimalist anyway. She also isn't very blingy. She has said that the costuming for Rachel on Suits very much infkuenced her own style evolution. Racel always word slim knee length pencil skirts and simple blouses.

Also I am sure her mom could have brought a friend if she wanted to. A lot of people brought plus-ones. The people on her side in the quire (that front area where Doria, Serena etc.) were sitting were very long time friends of hers. A few of the actresses there were friends that she'd come up in the business with and had known for years and years. And apparently she's known Serena for a long time as well. Heck before Harry she would probably have been considered a z-list by some people.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Anika wrote: "I thought the dress was a bit boring tbh. The wedding was nice but I dont' understand why we needed that forest in the church, didn't add anything. Wouldnt' be surprised to learn that thing cost mi..."

If the fit were a little better, I might have liked it more...maybe lost more weight after the final fitting?

Alexis wrote: "Anika wrote: "I seriously doubt that Meghan or Harry or anyone else told her mother that she couldn’t bring a friend because Meghan had to invite another “Z lister”. "

Might not be about Z lister, but I'm sure the family drama cut her side of the family's guest options considerably. Obviously some rank closing was, and needed to be done.

Tina wrote: "The thing about the dress, though, is that is very much her style wheelhouse. If you look at what she has worn over the past year you'll see that she very much favors clean lines, structured archit..."

I also suspect family politics played into her choice too. She can not outshine Kate's wedding too much, since she is the future Queen. They are already being compared and pitted against each other in the media. Meghan's Hollywood experience makes her savvy enough, to make some of that a factor.

message 21: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1284 comments Anika wrote: "I thought the dress was a bit boring tbh. The wedding was nice but I dont' understand why we needed that forest in the church, didn't add anything. Wouldnt' be surprised to learn that thing cost mi..."

Just curious, was there anything you liked about the wedding?

message 22: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 850 comments The wedding ceremony was beautiful and Meghan looked gorgeous in her wedding dress. I didn't love her dress as it had no oomph factor, but it fits her classic style of simplicity and clean lines. As mentioned, (thirty) years from now that dress will stand the test of time. I would have loved some subtle lace around the neckline and a bit of lace edging at the sleeves.

I would love to know/see what her other options for gowns were and I'm curious as to what Victoria Beckham would have designed for her since she has the same type of style.

I loved the second dress for the style, clean lines, simplicity and the way it flowed. Again, she was gorgeous in both dresses and definitely a fashion designer's dream to dress.

I don't want to forget Harry, his tuxedo was perfection and he looked dashing and handsome.

I wish them both a lifetime of happiness.

message 23: by Anika (last edited May 20, 2018 09:52AM) (new)

Anika | 42 comments Might not be about Z lister, but I'm sure the family drama cut her side of the family's guest options considerably. Obviously some rank closing was, and needed to be done.
Yeah they're divorced and all the drama seemed to be coming from the father's side of the family. I suppose maybe she didn't have friends or family who wanted to go, it was just really odd.

Justine wrote: "Anika wrote: "I thought the dress was a bit boring tbh. The wedding was nice but I dont' understand why we needed that forest in the church, didn't add anything. Wouldnt' be surprised to learn that..."

I'm not sure why you're inferring I didn't like the wedding. If I didn't like it I would have switched off. I've pointed out two things I didn't particularly like and that means to you I didn't like the wedding? I'm supposed to list every single thing I liked about the wedding in order to talk about it? Ok. I'll step away from this discussion.

message 24: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 850 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "If the fit were a little better, I might have liked it more...maybe lost more weight after the final fitting?
"

Yes, I concur. I noticed that the upper portion of the gown was just slightly large on her. Probably due to weight loss and the stress of getting to and past the big day.

message 25: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1415 comments Rosie wrote: "I would love to know/see what her other options for gowns were and I'm curious as to what Victoria Beckham would have designed for her since she has the same type of style."

I read somewhere that it was Stella McCartney. Which... blech. Meghan's evening reception dress is gorgeous (which is Stella), but that is an outlier, imo. I think overall, Stella has more misses than hits.

I agree 100% about Victoria Beckham. Her stuff feels like it would fit Meghan to a 'T'! I wonder if she just doesn't do wedding dresses?

What I am finding interesting is that by and large fashion critics and designers tend to be more uniform in their opinion in liking the dress. It is the public that seems more divided over it.

Paganalexandria wrote: "Might not be about Z lister, but I'm sure the family drama cut her side of the family's guest options considerably. Obviously some rank closing was, and needed to be done."

I am suspecting that even if her ratchet relatives hadn't been acting a fool for the past 6 months they still would not have been there. By all reports she has had no contact with her half sister or anyone on that side of the family since 2008. Her father might have made it though. The only other blood family that she was close to was her maternal grandmother who has passed.

message 26: by M Virginia (new)

M Virginia (mvts) | 2 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Anika wrote: "I thought the dress was a bit boring tbh. The wedding was nice but I dont' understand why we needed that forest in the church, didn't add anything. Wouldnt' be surprised to learn that..."
What is a "Z Lister! "
Thanks

message 27: by Justine (last edited May 21, 2018 04:26AM) (new)

Justine | 1284 comments Tina wrote: "Rosie wrote: "I am suspecting that even if her ratchet relatives hadn't been acting a fool for the past 6 months they still would not have been there. By all reports she has had no contact with her half sister or anyone on that side of the family since 2008. Her father might have made it though. The only other blood family that she was close to was her maternal grandmother who has passed. "
Her relatives acted akin to stories of people winning the lotto and people crawling out from under the rocks with their hands out. Her miserable ass of a sister has been up and down the trash media talking about Meghan didn't support her father. What said sister has not divulged is that the father won the lotto with a sizeable payout.

message 28: by Justine (last edited May 21, 2018 04:30AM) (new)

Justine | 1284 comments Tina wrote: "Rosie wrote: "What I am finding interesting is that by and large fashion critics and designers tend to be more uniform in their opinion in liking the dress. It is the public that seems more divided over it. "

It will be interesting to see if brides from now on stop with the lace and foppery and go for this minimalist look.

message 29: by Varied Books (new)

Varied Books (variedbooks) | 18 comments I thought Meghan looked beautiful but I thought her dress was boring. The bodice of the dress didn’t seem right for her frame. Her train was beautiful. I thought her & Harry looked so happy together.

I loved both choirs but I was blown away by the gospel one.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments M wrote: "What is a "Z Lister! "
Thanks"

M, there is tier level to celebrity. The A, B, C, etc list. Some of the guest were obvious A listers like Serena, Oprah, the Beckhams. We joke about the rest being Z listers, but most were solid C's. Famous faces the general public recognizes, but don't actually know their names. That includes Meghan before Harry. It actually points to them being her real friends, versus the typical Hollywood wedding thing of inviting everyone popping at the time.

message 31: by Robin (new)

Robin | 16 comments Clare Waight Keller (she's a Brit) for Givenchy designed the wedding dress. Stella McCartney designed the reception dress.

message 32: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1415 comments The formal pictures are out, but I am too lazy to embed. Kensington Palace's official twitter has posted them. I love the black and white one of just Harry and Meghan, man, dude is just GONE over her. You can see it in his face. Also the one with them and just the pagesboys/bridesmaids is great. Prince George's smile is so infectious.

message 33: by JESSICA (new)

JESSICA The photos are breathtaking. Love the black and white one. And I love the smile on Prince Harry's face (so happy he finally found his soul mate) But what I DON'T love, is how the media keeps putting Meghan and Kate against each other (comparing the dress, wedding photos, style, etc) I hate that. That's how jealousy rears its ugly head and destroys friendships! Smh.

Link To Photos: https://www.townandcountrymag.com/soc...

message 34: by DeeTimes' Nook (new)

DeeTimes' Nook (cricket011) | 3226 comments Lovely photos and they were taken by a Prince also

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...

message 35: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1415 comments Oh I saw their pictures were taken by Alexi Lubomirski, the same photographer that took their engagement pictures. You guys should google him, he’s hot enough to be a romance novel leading man himself. Rowr!!

message 36: by DeeTimes' Nook (new)

DeeTimes' Nook (cricket011) | 3226 comments Tina wrote: "Oh I saw their pictures were taken by Alexi Lubomirski, the same photographer that took their engagement pictures. You guys should google him, he’s hot enough to be a romance novel leading man hims..."

Tina wrote: "Oh I saw their pictures were taken by Alexi Lubomirski, the same photographer that took their engagement pictures. You guys should google him, he’s hot enough to be a romance novel leading man hims..."

And he is a prince too Tina!

message 37: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 72 comments I love this couple:)

message 38: by DeeTimes' Nook (new)

DeeTimes' Nook (cricket011) | 3226 comments This is Ellen DeGeneres' new discovery. His name is Kalen Allen and he is hilarious! Watch his reaction to Meghan and Harry's wedding. This you man is now all over the internet and he seems so real with his reactions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdgi...