Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
This topic is about Cress
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Cress [June 1, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 4 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
June 1st

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments in for this. :)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I'm starting this today. Anyone with me?

Beste | 1163 comments I might catch up tmrw. Currently reading Firefight.
Hate it when I have 2BR's for the same date.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I'll go slow Beste. I've got MoI also open and a terry Goodkind I was supposed to start on the 27th with Choko.

message 6: by Yanique, Thread Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yanique Gillana | 1016 comments Mod
I was NOT a fan of Scarlet, but I will give this a go because I kinda liked Cinder, and since all the action came at the end of Scarlet and there's a bit of a cliff hanger..... fingers crossed for this one!

Beste | 1163 comments Almost done with this one. Super easy read.
We also see some progress in some certain relationships :)
I will comment again when I finish.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I'm also done with it. It was super easy and I have to admit I didn't like it as much as the first 2. It feels a bit like a build up and I really really really don't care for Thorne.

Beste | 1163 comments Laura wrote: "I'm also done with it. It was super easy and I have to admit I didn't like it as much as the first 2. It feels a bit like a build up and I really really really don't care for Thorne."

I feel bad for Scarlet and Wolf :(

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Beste wrote: "Laura wrote: "I'm also done with it. It was super easy and I have to admit I didn't like it as much as the first 2. It feels a bit like a build up and I really really really don't care for Thorne."..."

Me too. :( I LOVE Wolf! He is my favourite!

Beste | 1163 comments @Laura
(view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I dislike that female! A lot! So despite all those tidbits I'm not at all eager to find out more about her.

I do however want to read more about Wolf. :D His background story is in the 5th book right?

message 13: by Yanique, Thread Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

You guys aren’t giving me much hope here 😩🤣

Beste | 1163 comments Laura wrote: "I dislike that female! A lot! So despite all those tidbits I'm not at all eager to find out more about her.

I do however want to read more about Wolf. :D His background story is in the 5th book ri..."

Yessss. And we will also see Cinder and Kai's meeting from Kai's POV. Shall we read Heartless after that?

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Heartless is with what?

@Yanique - the book is not bad. It's just that I'm not a big fan of the dashing captain and Cress concentrates mostly on him.

I like Cress though, and Iko is a jewel. And still, Wolf and Scarlet are my favourites. The prince has a lot to make up for his being so "not charming" when finding out Cinder is a Lunar cyborg so I'm not rooting that much for him either (*yet*).

Wolf makes a much better prince charming, without the court etiquette that is. :D
Did I mention he's my favourite! 😁 - Just to make sure you ladies know I fell head over heels for the big bad special operative. 😍😍😍

Beste | 1163 comments Laura wrote: "Heartless is with what?

@Yanique - the book is not bad. It's just that I'm not a big fan of the dashing captain and Cress concentrates mostly on him.

I like Cress though, and Iko is a jewel. And..."

Big bad special operative :))))

Heartless is another book from Marissa Meyer

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Seems interesting. :)
let me check if I can get it from the library and if yes, I'm in for that too. I sort of overstretched my funds with the book hoard in May and wanna lay low a bit. Till the next sale that is. :D

Beste | 1163 comments Laura wrote: "Seems interesting. :)
let me check if I can get it from the library and if yes, I'm in for that too. I sort of overstretched my funds with the book hoard in May and wanna lay low a bit. Till the ne..."

We can do it whenever you want :) Don't stress too much

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Are we reading Winter next week or Fairest? Because I don't have Fairest and don't want to read it either. I also have to return my copy of Winter to the library by the 15th. So I'm gonna have to read it before that.

Beste | 1163 comments We have Fairest next week but you can do Winter before 15th and hide spoilers:)

message 21: by Yanique, Thread Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm finally getting back to this one and hoping to marathon the series from this point. It's the weirdest thing, I'm loving the overarching plot and I'm really into the story, but I'm not a fan of the writing. Especially the dialogue... it's painful!