Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about Scarlet
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Scarlet [May 25, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 3 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
May 25th

Beste | 1163 comments I'm starting this tonight..

message 3: by Yanique, Thread Master (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yanique Gillana | 1013 comments Mod
Will start as soon as I finish Wizard of Earthsea. It's not long so I'll definitely get into this over the weekend.

message 4: by Sha (last edited May 26, 2018 09:28AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sha | 1522 comments In, but maybe in a few days. Or possibly tonight. Idk. Earthsea and Black COmpany haven't really gripped me so far...

Beste | 1163 comments I loved reading this. Especially because its between Words of Radiance and Villette. Saves me from a reading slump definitely.

message 6: by Beste (last edited May 27, 2018 10:55PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Beste | 1163 comments The story is really fast. I appreciate the no-boring, action packed style but isn't the book too packed?.

(view spoiler)

Woww wowwwww. Look at me taking this all too serious :)

message 7: by Yanique, Thread Master (new) - rated it 2 stars

I’m having flashbacks to reading the Shades of Magic books, and it’s not good. There’s a lot going on, I know, but the writing is presenting it in a way that’s so boring to me. I’m interested in the plot, I like the setting, the characters are intriguing.....but I’m finding it so easy to put the book down and forget about it. 😩

Might be because I just finished Memories of Ice and I’m reading Words of Radiance at the same time as this....

I’m hoping I cross a threshold and it picks up👍🏽🤞🏽

Beste | 1163 comments Yanique wrote: "I’m having flashbacks to reading the Shades of Magic books, and it’s not good. There’s a lot going on, I know, but the writing is presenting it in a way that’s so boring to me. I’m interested in th..."

Read this as a magazine on the side. As I said in my comment. It covers a really short period, everything happens fast and there's not much emotions or thinking involved. Easy cleansing after such hard books.

message 9: by Yanique, Thread Master (new) - rated it 2 stars

I’m back to reading this and here are my thoughts so far:
Thorne...comic relief I can get behind. I like him.
Cinder.... nothing to report. Predictable.
Scarlet... annoying
Wolf.... not sure yet. Like him more than Scarlet.

message 10: by Yanique, Thread Master (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yeah.... definitely preferred Cinder....