Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Book added to another author profile with same name.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Ellis | 19 comments I just added my book but it's been added to a different profile for another author named Hannah Ellis. This happens every time I have a new book. Is there a way for me to change it or do I always need to contact a librarian to change it?
My other books are: Friends Like These series, The Cottage at Hope Cove, Lucy Mitchell series.
Thanks

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Ellis | 19 comments The latest book is Escape to Oakbrook Farm.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Moved the book to your profile. To disambiguate authors with similar names, GR uses extra spaces in their names. You're currently listed as Hannah^^Ellis with two spaces in your name. This will not impact searches or any functionality and is used only for the system to separate you from other authors with same name.

Whenever you add a book to GR, use an extra space between your first name and last name - that would automatically assign the book to you. In case you notice any book of yours not on your profile, you can create a thread in this group and any librarian can assist you

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Ellis | 19 comments Thanks a lot! That's good to know.