The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2018 > 10.8 - The World's Oldest

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5362 comments Mod
10.8 - The World's Oldest
The Teatro Olimpico was built on March 3, 1585 and is now the oldest surviving enclosed theatre in the world. Read a book that was first published in March of any year or in any month of a year that contains at least 2 of the following numbers: 1, 3, 5, 8.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

res

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

res

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by Heather (last edited Jun 18, 2018 03:37PM) (new)

Heather | 386 comments Just to clarify-if I wanted to read a book that says it was published in 2015 but it wasn’t originally published then, it does NOT work. Right? I’m trying to use The Great Divorce for this task. It was originally published in 1945 but I can’t find an edition on GR that indicates this. I have one from 2015.

message 6: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11022 comments Heather wrote: "Just to clarify-if I wanted to read a book that says it was published in 2015 but it wasn’t originally published then, it does NOT work. Right?"

Hard to say without a link to the book you're talking about. If you provide a link, I'll take a look.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 386 comments I thought I linked it. I’ll try again. The Great Divorce

message 8: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11022 comments Heather wrote: "I thought I linked it. I’ll try again. The Great Divorce"

The paperback you've linked to says "Published February 1st 2002 by HarperCollins (first published 1945)." The first published date is the original publication date and the one we go by. So, yes, this book will work because it was first published in a year that contains a 1 and a 5.