The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

118 views
TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2018 > 10.6 - Radio City Music Hall

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 20, 2018 01:02PM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5350 comments Mod
10.6 - Radio City Music Hall
Radio City Music Hall is the headquarters for the precision dance company, the Rockettes. Read a book written by an author whose first and last initials can be found sequentially in the word ROCKETTES (i.e., RO, OC, CK, etc.). Initials may also be used in reverse order (i.e., OR, CO, KC, etc.) and can wrap around the end of the word (i.e., SR or RS). Middle names/initials should be ignored.


message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5350 comments Mod
res


message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5350 comments Mod
res


message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5350 comments Mod
This thread is now open!


message 5: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4255 comments Using letters CO, would Death Goes on Retreat by Carol Anne O'Marie? Especially wondering about the O.


message 6: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11019 comments Bea wrote: "Using letters CO, would Death Goes on Retreat by Carol Anne O'Marie? Especially wondering about the O."

Yes, Carol Anne O'Marie's initials would be CO, so that works. Glad you asked because I just realized I didn't specify middle initials/names should be ignored. I'll get that fixed.


message 7: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4255 comments Kristina Simon wrote: "Glad you asked because I just realized I didn't specify middle initials/names should be ignored. I'll get that fixed."

I did realize that, but reasoned that the examples only showed two letters, and so decided it was FN and LN initials. The apostrophe stumped me, though. Thanks.


message 8: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2685 comments Thanks Sandy, for pointing out to me that I've done it again.

And thanks for your patience Kristina,

This time I did not read the task close enough and I missed the word "sequentially" -- I must have thought the subsequent explanations were weird repeats of basic instructions -- but it turns out that I am the one who is basically weird.

I am in the middle of a book which fits the criteria for this task, but I want to get it specifically O.K.d because it is an art book.

The Art of Bloomsbury: Roger Fry, Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant is by Richard Shone whose inits fit the "wrap around" reverse order rule. The book is an oversized art book, but half of its 296 pp are text on double-columned oversized pages. It has a lot of scholarly info, thus not just a "coffee-table" book.

The rules in "Book Formats Explained, No. 5" say it should be O.K. But do I need any other info other than the GR description as "proof"?


message 9: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11019 comments Nick wrote: "The book is an oversized art book, but half of its 296 pp are text on double-columned oversized pages. It has a lot of scholarly info, thus not just a "coffee-table" book."

The book should have at least 100 pages of text. If, as you say, every other page is full-page text, that should work. If you can find anywhere online (Amazon, Google books, etc) that has a preview of the pages, that would be great. But, if not, you'll need to explain how the book conforms to the 100+ pages of text when you post.


message 10: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2685 comments Kristina Simon wrote: "Nick wrote: "The book is an oversized art book, but half of its 296 pp are text on double-columned oversized pages. It has a lot of scholarly info, thus not just a "coffee-table" book."

The book s..."


Reading art history is actually kind of a stretch for me, so I think I'll let this one go and check out a quick cozy mystery instead.

But thank you for your time. You mods do a great job at keeping me in line.


message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1314 comments Are books with multiple authors allowed?


message 12: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11019 comments Nicole wrote: "Are books with multiple authors allowed?"

Yes


message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1314 comments Kristina Simon wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Are books with multiple authors allowed?"

Yes"
so one qualifying author will do it even if he/she is not the first listed? This collections includes the author Katie Cotugno

Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet


message 14: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11019 comments Nicole wrote: "Kristina Simon wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Are books with multiple authors allowed?"

Yes" so one qualifying author will do it even if he/she is not the first listed? This collections includes the autho..."


Yes, one qualifying author counts. When you post, make sure you include which author fits the task.


message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1314 comments Kristina Simon wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Kristina Simon wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Are books with multiple authors allowed?"

Yes" so one qualifying author will do it even if he/she is not the first listed? This collections inc..."


you rock! I am enjoying the book.


back to top