Challenge Corner discussion

Sleep, Merel, Sleep
This topic is about Sleep, Merel, Sleep
Books For Review > Sleep, Merel, Sleep by Silky Stein -> Starting June 1st

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Silky Stein is offering review copies of her story Sleep, Merel, Sleep in exchange for an honest review. There will be a drawing for two physical copies of the book as well as unlimited pdf and epub copies. The physical books are only open to those within the United States.

If you would like to receive a copy, sign up below with your preferred format and message me your email address. Please note in your comment if you want to enter the drawing for the two physical books.

Please have reviews posted within six weeks of receiving the book. And please link reviews on this page once you have read the book.

Formats: epub, pdf, 2 physical

The Blurb
Who wants to be awake forever?

Life has changed for eight-year-old Merel. Since the birth of her sick baby brother, her parents seem to have forgotten she exists. But when she finds a tiny silver violin in her bedroom rug, things take a turn for the worse.

Merel learns that her sleep has abandoned her and that she must embark on a perilous journey to recover it or stay awake forever. Together with her devoted toy sheep Roger, tired Merel sets out in search of Lullaby Grove. Before long, she finds herself haunted by a scary stranger.

Follow Merel into a surreal world. Meet a sleepy king with an obsession for feathers and a transparent old man on a night train going nowhere. Discover why the moonfish cry, why you should never walk across the Great Yawns ― and if poor Merel can escape her pursuer, win back her sleep, and realize what matters most in her life.

message 2: by C.P. (last edited May 27, 2018 09:05AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments The drawing for the physical copies of the book will take place around 1 PM on May 26th. You must be 18 years old or have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter.

Physical Book
Greer
Cindee
Susan
Jamie
Katie

Ebook
Sareli
Ashy
Ashley
Cinthia
Misha
Dee Dee
Hanna
Heather?

message 3: by Sareli (new)

Sareli (sarelihc) Hi, I want a Pdf copy of the book, I sent you my email the other time, do you want me to send it to you again?

message 4: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments ebook please

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Sareli wrote: "Hi, I want a Pdf copy of the book, I sent you my email the other time, do you want me to send it to you again?"

The one time is fine. Thanks!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I’ll read :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

It looks and sounds awesome. Add me please

message 8: by Misha (new)

Misha E. | 2 comments Add me please.

message 9: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments For those in the US: do you want to be entered in the drawing for a physical copy?

message 10: by Greer (new)

Greer (foxingontheedges) | 92 comments I would like to enter for a physical copy please

Cindee | 2065 comments add me please for the physical copy

message 12: by Dee Dee (new) - added it

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 127 comments I'd like an e-copy please!!!

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 478 comments Please add me for the drawing for a physical copy please

Jamie I would like to enter for a physical copy please.

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Will add you all to the list!

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate | 34 comments Add me for a physical copy please!!

message 17: by Hanna (new)

Hanna Rybchynska (hannarbc) Add me for epub (I'm from Europe)

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather (visioncommission) | 3 comments C.P. wrote: "Silky Stein is offering review copies of her story Sleep, Merel, Sleep in exchange for an honest review. There will be a drawing for two physical copies of the book as well as unlim..."

Very cool!!

message 19: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Drawing Results

After entering those that I knew wanted to be entered for a physical copy of the book into random.org, I have the winners.

Jamie and Cindee! Please send me your address by 2 PM EST on May 29th to claim your book. Otherwise another entrant will be picked.

Everyone else, please message me your email address and preferred format so that I can pass the information along to the author.

Thank you!

Jamie Sweet thanks! I’ll pm you tonight when I get to my laptop!

Cindee | 2065 comments I have PMed address

message 22: by Tim (new)

Tim Mercer | 187 comments Hi CP

Can I get an ePub version please?

Much appreciated

Tim

message 23: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Yes. I will add you to the list.

message 24: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I still don't have a couple of email addresses. If you have not messaged me, please do so soon so I can get the info to the author. Thanks!

message 25: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 814 comments C.P. wrote: "I still don't have a couple of email addresses. If you have not messaged me, please do so soon so I can get the info to the author. Thanks!"

sent you my email already i think lol

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments You did. I meant to list names and forgot.

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Emails have been sent! If you don't get your copy, please verify that I have your email address and we can get that sent out to you.

message 28: by Jamie (last edited Jul 01, 2018 10:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie Does this one count as a buddy read as well for comments on this thread plus review? I know it was mentioned on The Past is Rising but was not sure about here.

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Yes, it does. Meant to comment on here as well.

Jamie C.P. wrote: "Yes, it does. Meant to comment on here as well."

Thanks! Just wanted to be sure as I go. :)

Jamie Ch 2 (view spoiler)

Jamie Ch 5(view spoiler)

Jamie Ch 7 (view spoiler)

Jamie Ch 10 (view spoiler)

Jamie Done (view spoiler)

Jamie Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Also reviewed on Amazon as Jamie E. just waiting for amazon to approve the review.

message 37: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Thanks, Jamie! Glad you enjoyed it. :)