The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Winter Challenge 2020 > 15.6 - Heart to Heart

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Nov 14, 2020 06:44AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
15.6 - Heart to Heart
The first artificial heart was implanted into a human at a Houston hospital on April 21, 1963 by Dr. Michael E. De Bakey. The patient survived for four days. Christiaan Barnard and his team, performed the world's first human-to-human heart transplant operation on December 3, 1967 in Cape Town, South Africa. Read a book with a heart(s) on the cover. The heart(s) may be realistic or stylized. Ex:
His Hideous Heart by Dahlia Adler Hungry For You by A.M. Harte The Queen of Hearts by Kimmery Martin How to Knit a Heart Back Home (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #2) by Rachael Herron Heart Berries by Terese Marie Mailhot Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan Between You & Me by Marisa Calin
Required: Include the cover in your post.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2702 comments Hi. Just checking that the heart cookies hanging from the eaves of the building top right would work.

Not a Creature Was Purring (Paws and Claws Mystery, #5) by Krista Davis

Thanks.

message 6: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments Trish wrote: "Hi. Just checking that the heart cookies hanging from the eaves of the building top right would work.

Not a Creature Was Purring (Paws and Claws Mystery, #5) by Krista Davis

Thanks."

Yes, that works. Looks cute! ;-)

message 7: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2702 comments Lovely. Thanks. I've enjoyed the previous ones in the series.

message 8: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments Trish wrote: "Lovely. Thanks. I've enjoyed the previous ones in the series."

Good to know. I've got the first one on my TBR list.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 381 comments What about The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren ? There are several tiny hearts on the yellow backdrop. Thanks!

message 10: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments Melanie wrote: "What about The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren? There are several tiny hearts on the yellow backdrop. Thanks!"

That works. I see hearts. ;-)

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 915 comments How about Landing by Emma Donoghue

message 12: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments Cindy wrote: "How about Landing by Emma Donoghue"

That works.

message 13: by Aprilleigh (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1235 comments Please confirm you can see the heart drawn around the title on this cover:

Parker Pyne Investigates by Agatha Christie

message 14: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments Aprilleigh wrote: "Please confirm you can see the heart drawn around the title on this cover:

Parker Pyne Investigates by Agatha Christie"

I can, indeed. That works.

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 381 comments Kristina Simon wrote: "Melanie wrote: "What about The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren? There are several tiny hearts on the yellow backdrop. Thanks!"

That works. I see hearts. ;-)"

<3 Thank you :)

message 16: by Kaora (new)

Kaora (ophelja) | 1184 comments Can you confirm this will work? Flyaway by Kathleen Jennings

message 17: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments Kaora wrote: "Can you confirm this will work? Flyaway by Kathleen Jennings"

Yes, that works. Cool cover!

message 18: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1992 comments Would these work?
Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot, #15) by Agatha Christie (one of the cards is the Ace of Hearts)

Valentine Murder (Lucy Stone, #5) by Leslie Meier (The box cover is a heart, but not the whole shape is shown. I'm not sure if the little candies are heart-shaped.)

message 19: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments Julia wrote: "Would these work?
Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot, #15) by Agatha Christie (one of the cards is the Ace of Hearts)

Valentine Murder (Lucy Stone, #5) by Leslie Meier (The box cover is a heart, but not the whole shape is shown. ..."

They both work. Your choice. ;-)