The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 29, 2018 09:27AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
5.9 - Mamma Mia!
Mamma Mia! is based on the songs of ABBA. On any given day, there are at least seven performances of Mamma Mia! being performed around the globe. Read a book where the FIRST word in the title is exactly seven letters. All words count, articles must be considered. Punctuation within a word such as a hyphen may be ignored. Numbers count as letters.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 20, 2018 01:30PM) (new)

A single word title is OK as a first word.

Punctuation should be ignored:
Batgirl, Volume 1: Beyond Burnside
Hag-Seed: The Tempest Retold

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This help thread is open.

message 5: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments what if it's the ONLY word? or does the book title have to have more than word, with the first word being exactly seven letters? thanks for your help! :)

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18269 comments Mod
kiki wrote: "what if it's the ONLY word? or does the book title have to have more than word, with the first word being exactly seven letters? thanks for your help! :)"

A single word title is OK as a first word.

message 7: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments Dlmrose wrote: "kiki wrote: "what if it's the ONLY word? or does the book title have to have more than word, with the first word being exactly seven letters? thanks for your help! :)"

A single word title is OK as..."

fabulous, thank you! :)

message 8: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Tyson | 216 comments Does "BATGIRL" work in this graphic novel: Batgirl, Volume 1: Beyond Burnside or does the comma count as a letter?

message 9: by Dlmrose (new)

Nicola wrote: "Does "BATGIRL" work in this graphic novel: Batgirl, Volume 1: Beyond Burnside or does the comma count as a letter?"

Punctuation can be ignored.

message 10: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2168 comments May "the" and "a" and "an" be ignored? Example: The Curious Case of the Clockwork Man -- curious has 7 letters

message 11: by Dlmrose (new)

Deedee wrote: "May "the" and "a" and "an" be ignored? Example: The Curious Case of the Clockwork Man -- curious has 7 letters"

All words count. The first word in that title is The- a 3 letter word.

message 12: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2168 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Deedee wrote: "May "the" and "a" and "an" be ignored? Example: The Curious Case of the Clockwork Man -- curious has 7 letters"

All words count. The first word in that title is The- ..."

Thanks for the quick reply :)

message 13: by Sarah (last edited Jul 11, 2018 03:12PM) (new)

Sarah (sarah1987) | 66 comments I’m on my cellphone and don’t know how to put the books link here but I’m wondering if Because of Mr. Terupt will work for this task. It has the main page genre of Children’s.

Here is the link: Because of Mr. Terupt

message 14: by Dlmrose (new)

Sarah wrote: "I’m on my cellphone and don’t know how to put the books link here but I’m wondering if Because of Mr. Terupt will work for this task. It has the main page genre of Children’s.

Here is the link: [b..."

You will need to follow the procedure in the rules formats #4 and check www.ARBookfind.com