The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5363 comments Mod
5.7 - Wicked
Wicked is based on the 1995 novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, an alternative telling of the 1939 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer film The Wizard of Oz and the novel, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
Read a book from this list of The Best Fairytales and Retellings
Required: State the page.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This help thread is open.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1987) | 66 comments Is there any way to tell if a book on your TBR shelf is in this list?

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18262 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Is there any way to tell if a book on your TBR shelf is in this list?"

Just for the first page- on the right there's a brief analysis

"You've read # of the top 100 books and # are on your to-read shelf."

message 7: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 640 comments The way I do it is to do CTRL+F for "find on page" and put in to-read or whatever your shelf is called. Then search page after page. It still takes some time, but it's quicker than scrolling down.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1987) | 66 comments I’m confused... sorry

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1987) | 66 comments Can someone show me an example of how you find out? Thank you.

message 10: by Rosemary (last edited May 21, 2018 02:56AM) (new)

Rosemary | 640 comments It depends on your browser. Most of them, at least on a computer (I don't know for phones), here's what you do:

- look for the key marked CTRL on your keyboard
- hold that down and at the same time, press letter F
(or instead of that first part, you can go to your browser's menu and look for Find or Find On Page)
- a box pops up on your screen, probably either at the bottom or the top
- in that box you type "to-read" without the quotes and hit Enter

That should find the first example of a book on that page that you have on your to-read shelf, if there is one. Then you need to find the next one, until you're at the end of the page. Then search the next page in the same way.

If still confused, what browser are you using? E.g Chrome, Firefox ...?

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1987) | 66 comments Rosemary wrote: "It depends on your browser. Most of them, at least on a computer (I don't know for phones), here's what you do:

- look for the key marked CTRL on your keyboard
- hold that down and at the same tim..."

Okay, I get it now but this won't work for me because I use the shelf Want To Read and all of the books have Want To Read next to them...

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily | 722 comments Sarah - if you're on a computer (not sure how the mobile app looks), when you go to the list, on the right-hand side, there are green "Want to Read" buttons (where you can add the book to your "Want to Read" list), or - if the book is already on your list - it will show up in Gray with a checkmark next to it. It will be gray with "Read" if its on your "Read" list or with "Want to Read" if its on your "Want to Read" list. Simply scrolling through the list and looking for these gray buttons is probably the easiest way to find out if it's on your list. Rosemary's method is another way of sorting through the list, just without scrolling through the whole thing.

message 13: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celesteryr) | 373 comments How do you put "The Nutcracker" as an ignore-the-childrens-genre tag if you can't find the LG (?) level on ARBookfinder (?) even with the book's publication and year published.
The book: Nutcracker
I'm also putting this on the not really a children's book thread, in hopes they can help.

message 14: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18262 comments Mod
Celeste wrote: "How do you put "The Nutcracker" as an ignore-the-childrens-genre tag if you can't find the LG (?) level on ARBookfinder (?) even with the book's publication and year published.
The book: [book:Nut..."

Books with the genre "children" or "kids" NOT found in AR Bookfinder may only be used for task 5.10.

message 15: by Book Concierge (last edited May 31, 2018 05:55PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3976 comments Celeste wrote: "How do you put "The Nutcracker" as an ignore-the-childrens-genre tag if you can't find the LG (?) level on ARBookfinder (?) even with the book's publication and year published.
The book: Nutcracker..."

THIS edition of the book ...
The Nutcracker and the Mouse King
is in ar bookfinder
IL: LG - BL: 5.2 - AR Pts: 1.0

So it does not qualify for SRC use.