Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > June 2018

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Jun 02, 2018 09:45AM) (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given on or before the 1st. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves. - IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

1. Carrie (Pick 2) selects for Rina see message 26

2. Catherine selects for Jesa see message 36

3. Christine selects for Tasha see Message 25

4. Jen selects for Nicole (Pick 2) see message 17

5. Jesa selects for Catherine see message 43

6. Jessie selects for Matilde see message 39

7. Kathy selects for Rachel see message 16

8. Matilde selects for Christine see message 31

9. Nicole (Pick 2) selects for Jen see message 22

10. Rachel selects for Swaroop see message 18

11. Rina selects for Sara see message 21

12. Sara selects for Jessie see message 34

13. Swaroop selects for Kathy see message 19

14. Tasha selects for Carrie (Pick 2) see message 27

15. Nicole selects for Susan see message 43

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments I'm in:

message 4: by Nicole (last edited May 19, 2018 12:41AM) (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) I'm in!!! https://www.goodreads.com/review/list... You can pick 2.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman I'm in :) please pick from my to read list.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in tbr shelf

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments Rina wrote: "I'm in tbr shelf"
Please check to see if I used the correct shelf - thanks Kathy

message 12: by Jessie (new)

message 13: by Tasha (last edited May 21, 2018 10:06PM) (new)

Tasha | 28 comments I'm in with my To Read list!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 14: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 74 comments I’m in!

Pick from this:
Check out my to-read bookshttps://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments Rachel! You have so many of my favorite books on your list - this was really a hard choice!
I'm going with The Queen of the Tearling Preview Edition e-Book (Queen of the Tearling, The) by Erika Johansen .
I really enjoyed reading this one. I read somewhere that Emma Watson has bought the rights to the movie version. Hopefully that will be coming soon.

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments For Nicole I pick Bloom and Rebal of the Sands. Enjoy!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 273 comments For Swaroop I picked Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

for sara I pick Night Road by Kristin Hannah

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) For Jen, I pick The Belles. That looks like it's going to be such an amazing read! I hope you enjoy!

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Jen wrote: "For Nicole I pick Bloom and Rebal of the Sands. Enjoy!"

Thank you!!!!

message 21: by Kathy (last edited May 26, 2018 06:43PM) (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments ||Swaroop|| wrote: "For Kathy, I pick 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Cheers and Happy reading!"

I read this one, probably when it first came out in 1968 (so it has been a while, geez I'm old) I have been doing a big re-read of all my favorite Sci-Fi and am looking forward to this one. I've never read the sequels he began writing in the 80's, so this time I am going to go straight into 2010, 2061 and then on to 3001. Thanks for the selection!

message 22: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1303 comments Tasha - I picked Don't Go by Lisa Scottoline

I read it already and I really liked it

message 23: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments For Rina, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Eleanor & Park

I hope you enjoy it. 4 star read for me.

message 24: by Tasha (new)

Tasha | 28 comments For Carrie, I'm picking Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes and Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins .

I've read both and loved them both!!

message 25: by Tasha (new)

Tasha | 28 comments Christine wrote: "Tasha - I picked Don't Go by Lisa Scottoline

I read it already and I really liked it"

Thank you, looking forward to it! I read Look Again by her and it was a page turner!

message 26: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1590 comments If anyone else signs up can I play along please?

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Susan wrote: "If anyone else signs up can I play along please?"

If they are okay with it, I'll pick for you! If nobody else joins in, of course.

message 28: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) Christine, for you I choose Ghost Heart. It sounds really good, and i hope you enjoy it :)

message 29: by Kathy (last edited May 27, 2018 02:22AM) (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments Susan wrote: "If anyone else signs up can I play along please?"

Of course! Nicole has offered to select for you. You can always join in any time :)

message 30: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1303 comments Your welcome Tasha and I think I read that book called Look Again but I’m not sure and Matilde thanks for picking that book called Ghost Heart and i’m getting excited to read that book

message 31: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman For Jessie, I picked Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane and
Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark #1) by Veronica Roth. Happy reading! :)

message 32: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Tasha wrote: "For Carrie, I'm picking Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes and Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins.

I've read both and loved them both!!"

Thank you :)

message 33: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments Jesa, I'm picking 13 Little Blue Envelopes. I've read it this year. Would love to know your thoughts on it.

message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments I sort of got ahead of myself and have finished June's selection already. A re-read of 2001 by Arthur C. Clarke. It was just as awesome as I remembered. I did not know that 3 more books had been written, so I went right on into 2010 and have now finished it as well. 2061 and 3001 will have to wait a bit. A couple of books I had on hold at the library have came in and I need to get those read before their due date!

message 35: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 9 comments For Matilde I pick Artemis.

Enjoy :)

message 36: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) Jessie wrote: "For Matilde I pick Artemis.

Enjoy :)"

Thanks Jessie, even tho it´s not from the correct shelf, I am really interested in reading it. Think I might get an audiobook or ebook for it (don´t think my library holds it)

message 37: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments ||Swaroop|| wrote: "Now reading: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Happy June to all my fellow good-readers!"

That book is sooo good!!

message 38: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments Looks like everyone has their books except for Catherine & Susan. So I'll pick something!

For Catherine: The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel I read this one ages ago and still remember it. To me, that means it was a good book :)

For Susan: Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor I read it a couple of months ago and liked it. It looks like October is when book 2 comes out.

message 39: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 9 comments matilde wrote: "Jessie wrote: "For Matilde I pick Artemis.

Enjoy :)"

Thanks Jessie, even tho it´s not from the correct shelf, I am really interested in reading it. Think I might get an audiobook ..."

Oh, I'm sorry it's not from the right shelf :(. I quite enjoyed reading the book. If you want I can pick something else :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.