What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Yucka Drucka Droni
This topic is about Yucka Drucka Droni
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Abstract children’s book about characters that have very long and unique names. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haley (new)

Haley Burgess | 2 comments The book starts out introducing men with really long names and then women. It couples them off and they have these really interesting homes and they all have children with really unique and long names as well. In the end, it shows all their pets (a hippo, a dog, a frog, etc.). All of the pets have the same, simple name. I believe they are all named Daisy or a flower like that. I believe the book’s title is the name of the first man they introduce. I read it in the late 90s, but am not sure when it was written.

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments Are they English or other European names? or some other culture? or completely made up fantasy-type names?

Is it one name (or first/last) with many syllables, or is it several names strung together?

What kind of illustrations did the book have? Detailed/simple, realistic/cartoony, colorful/muted colors, etc.?

It sounds fun.

message 3: by Tadgh (last edited May 27, 2018 10:29PM) (new)

Tadgh | 28 comments Ooooo this sounds familiar, although I can't quite place it either. I believe I remember the simple name of all the pets being Fred though!

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, the names are either entirely made-up gibberish (less fantasy, more Seuss-ian), or descriptions like long, compound English words using hyphens. Unfortunately, I can't remember much either.

I do remember it being colorful! I distinctly remember a simple/cartoon goldfish surrounded in bright blue with "his name is Fred"/"he's named Fred too"/some such. (I believe the goldfish was last, but I also remember a turtle being one of the pets.) It's probably because I remember reading it the same day as Everyone Poops, but I remember the art not being unlike Taro Gomi's.

Is that what you remember, Haley? Or are you thinking of something different?

message 5: by Rosa (last edited Aug 05, 2018 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments That’s definitely it. The brothers are Yuck, Yucka Druck, and Yucka Drucka Droni; their brides are Zippa, Zippa Drippa, and Zippa Drippa Limpomponi. The children are Shuck, Shuck Shuckmutt, and Shuck Shuckmutt Shuckmoni. And all their pets are named Daisy.

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Just hoping Haley will come back.

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley Burgess | 2 comments Oh my goodness, I forgot that I had posted on here and have been searching for this book still. Thank you all so much, that is the book!

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Wonderful, I'm so glad you came back!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Everyone Poops (other topics)
Yucka Drucka Droni (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Taro Gomi (other topics)