Play Book Tag discussion

18 views
Archive: Other Books > The Cinderella Deal: 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie

The Cinderella Deal Jennifer Crusie

★ ★ ★ ★

First let me say that I have loved most all of Crusie's books and I miss her writing. I wanted something light, funny, & adventurous and this was it.

Daisy left her job as a schoolteacher in order to paint and paint she does, but her work really isn't selling. She's behind in her rent and the owner of the shop where she sells her jewelry refuses to pay her.

Lincoln (Linc for short) is Daisy's neighbor & thinks she's a freak, as she is everything that Linc is not. Linc is up for a professorship but there is one qualification he is lacking, a wife and that is where daisy fits (or doesn't) in.

Linc makes a Cinderella deal w/ Daisy; $1,000 to stand in as his fiancée at the upcoming college soirée & orientation, afterwards she is free to break the engagement and remain behind.

There is only one problem: Everyone Loves Daisy & they insist on coordinating the wedding & helping Linc buy the perfect house...

Quick witted dialog, quirky-likable characters, romance, friendship...


message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments As much as I love contemporary romance, I am shocked that I have not read anything by Crusie!

Do you have a favorite that you would recommend?


message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Nicole R wrote: "As much as I love contemporary romance, I am shocked that I have not read anything by Crusie!

Do you have a favorite that you would recommend?"


OMG! For a Paranormal twist: "Wild Ride"

Otherwise: "Faking It" & "Agnes & the Hit Man"


message 4: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2668 comments A new author, Nicole!


message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Ooo, I am usually down for a paranormal twist but am going to look at the other ones too! Hopefully my library has some of them.

Thanks for the recs!


message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Nicole R wrote: "Ooo, I am usually down for a paranormal twist but am going to look at the other ones too! Hopefully my library has some of them.

Thanks for the recs!"


y.w.


message 7: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2668 comments I’ve put a hold on it at the library. I’m not normally a romance reader (though am a hopeless romantic, lol) but this sounds fun and I will need light reading fare for my holiday


message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments KateNZ wrote: "I’ve put a hold on it at the library. I’m not normally a romance reader (though am a hopeless romantic, lol) but this sounds fun and I will need light reading fare for my holiday"

She is funny, and somewhat mysterious, definitely irreverent


message 9: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2668 comments That is so what I need right now!!


back to top