What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy 3-book series. Asian girl fights off demons only she can see. She has a medal to protect her. Each book has a medal with a different monster she has to fight off. Read in 2008.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liga (new)

Liga | 2 comments I read this three book series back when I was 12 and I cannot for the life of me, remember it. Its a YA fiction series about an asian girl who has to fight off demons only she can see. She also has some sort of medal to protect her. Each book has a medal with a different monster that she has to fight off. If anyone can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited May 18, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
When were you 12? 2005? 1995? 1970?

Please add genre and plot details to your header - this will help it reach its target audience of people who have read this series and will recognize the details.

Group Rules

message 3: by Liga (new)

Liga | 2 comments My apologizes. I was 12 in 2008. It’s a three book series

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
I added genre and plot details to the topic header. Feel free to edit it on the desktop website, not the mobile app.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

message 6: by Kris (last edited Dec 27, 2020 10:50AM) (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Liga, could it be a magical stone that protects the heroine - or definitely a medal (medallion? pendant?)?

Here's the Google Books preview of Nicole's suggestion - Prophecy (book 1) by Ellen Oh: https://books.google.com/books?id=VWx...

message 7: by David (new)

David Añez | 391 comments Prophecy doesn't seem a viable alternative: published in 2013, while Liga mention they read the series in 2008.

Maybe The Awakening by L.L. Foster? From 2008.

"Urban paranormal fantasy featuring Gabrielle Cody: Servant. Slayer. Seducer.

Gabrielle Cody has the ability to see the demons among us as they really are-and the responsibility to destroy them."

I'm assuming the series is Urban Fantasy.

If this is not the book, could you elaborate how exactly the medal protects her? What do you mean each cover has a different medal?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Prophecy (other topics)
The Awakening (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

L.L. Foster (other topics)
Ellen Oh (other topics)