You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > June toppler sign ups!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments Hi everyone!! It is time to sign up for the June toppler!

June is a week long team toppler. It will run from noon Saturday, June 2nd, to noon Saturday, June 9th, EDT. Please sign up to join below!

Just some tidbits about the toppler in advance:

*The last toppler required a lot of teamwork! This toppler will require a bit less. The focus will be more on reading books that fit the tasks and less on finishing specific tasks. I think this will put a little less pressure on people and allow more freedom to choose the reads you are in the mood for. Also, it's going to make scoring super easy!

*There will be a lot of focus on gophering for ... well, something! ;) You may or may not have books planned that already fit the tasks. Be prepared to drop your planned reads and to pick up something completely new and unplanned.

*I plan to post teams and announce the toppler some time next weekend (on or about May 26th here).

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 3001 comments Something completely new and unplanned *bites nails* ok I'll take the plunge, Kristie lol ❤️👀🌞

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments Haha! It's nothing scary, Laura. I just know that sometimes people have a tendency to try to make things fit where they might not really fit and when you see the toppler you'll understand. :) If you're the type that chooses books specifically for the toppler, then it won't be anything new for you. That's more for the people that have books they are planning to read and they're hoping they might fit. A few might fit, but most probably won't.

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51916 comments I'm in! I'll be gophering at the last minute because I don't get home until May 30th, but I'm up for it.

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments I'm in too by the way. lol :)

message 6: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17853 comments I'm in! Sounds fun!

message 7: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10288 comments Me too! Sounds interesting ;-D

message 8: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3395 comments Of course I'm in. Thank you, Kristie.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments I am away on a course that week. I'm not sure if I can realistically take part. It's really full on so i'm not sure where my head will be at. I could possibly fit in something short but i wouldn't want my team to be reliant on me completing my book. I'm not going to be online much either. Hmm, put me down anyway and i'll see what i can do.

message 10: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2695 comments Count me in.

message 11: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments Count me in!

message 12: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10535 comments Wouldn't want to miss it! I'm in.

message 13: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1915 comments Count me in!

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 401 comments I’m in, and many thanks for reducing the complexity. You rock.

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Count me in please!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in!

message 17: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2713 comments I'll join in too!
I actually enjoyed the complex team effort in the last toppler. Maybe that's just me. Topplers are cool either way!

message 18: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments I like both, Annerlee. I had another teamwork focused toppler all planned, then I figured it's summer let's go all easy peasy. lol Maybe we'll go with the other one for our next team toppler in October. I loved the theme. :) We'll give the people that love relaxed team topplers a turn this time!

message 19: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51916 comments I like that you swap them around so that they're not all easy or all complex.

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 3001 comments I agree, I like the team-focused planning too but on the flip side it takes so much more time and effort which could instead be spent reading so it's nice you do both, Kristie.

We really appreciate all the time and effort you take to plan and moderate the Topplers, no matter which way they fly. Thank you. 💙

message 21: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 401 comments Annerlee wrote: "I'll join in too!
I actually enjoyed the complex team effort in the last toppler. Maybe that's just me. Topplers are cool either way!"

They definitely are!

message 22: by Annette (new)

Annette Olsen | 205 comments I'm in!!

message 23: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments Thanks, ladies. I’m glad you enjoy them.

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments On reflection, I think it might be best if I sit this one out.

message 25: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2713 comments Sarah wrote: "On reflection, I think it might be best if I sit this one out."

That's a shame Sarah, but probably a sound decision. There's no use taking on too much when you're on a course that week.

message 26: by TrudyA (new)

TrudyA (trudyan) | 1676 comments I’ll join.

message 27: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments Sarah wrote: "On reflection, I think it might be best if I sit this one out."

Are you sure, Sarah? If you change your mind, I can always add you after you have a chance to see the toppler.

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 3001 comments Kristie, do you think the tasks might be up sometime this week? You mentioned a lot of gophering, so I thought I'd ask.

No pressure tho, just thought I'd check in case you had some idea. Thanks.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Ok Kristie, i'll wait until I know what's involved. If i have a short book that will fit i will sign up. Thanks.

message 30: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments I plan to post the tasks over the weekend when I post the groups, Laura. That will give everyone about a week to gopher. Since you don't need to coordinate who is gophering for what, that will be more than enough time. I think the gophering will be easier this time, but most everyone will have to do some.

message 31: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4619 comments I'm in!

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 3001 comments Kristie wrote: "I plan to post the tasks over the weekend when I post the groups, Laura. That will give everyone about a week to gopher. Since you don't need to coordinate who is gophering for what, that will be m..."

Easier gophering than last time sounds great! Getting excited 😻❤️

message 33: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15584 comments I'm intrigued by your hints Kristie!

I'm going to sit this one out though. I already have plans in the starting weekend and that week is going to be very busy at work with grading student papers. I already know that adding a toppler to that will feel like forced reading and too much pressure on myself. I'll root for all of you from the sidelines :)

message 34: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments So sorry to hear it, Peggy! When I was scheduling I was thinking that it would be easier for people to have the toppler before all the kiddos got out of school, but I hadn't considered people that work in the schools or go to school themselves! That makes it more difficult. Jun is probably a tough month for a toppler for a lot of people one way or the other.

message 35: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15584 comments No worries Kristie. A week later would have been the same (at least for me) and there will always be people who can't participate, no matter the date. I think it's great that you took the holidays into consideration.

message 36: by Laura (Lclwags) (new)

Laura (Lclwags) (lclwags) | 598 comments That should finally be a quiet week for me, so I'm in!

message 37: by Marie Claude (new)

Marie Claude (mariecg2001) | 1013 comments Count me in :)

message 38: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments I’m in. Can’t think of missing a Toppler!

message 39: by Heather (new)

Heather I've never done a toppler --- so I might need some coaching, but I'm in for something new!

message 40: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments This will be a nice easy one to start with, Heather!

message 41: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 1194 comments Sign me up please

Saar The Book owl | 1925 comments I'm in!

message 43: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3628 comments I'm in!

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 3001 comments I really love having an "excuse" to focus on reading for a week. What could be better?!

message 45: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments Toppler has been posted!!! https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 46: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8303 comments I knew the time was close, but missed checking for Toppler news. I want in!

message 47: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (alynor) | 298 comments I'm in!

message 48: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments Ok! J'mom you can head over to team 3 and Sharon head on over to team 4. :) Welcome, ladies!

message 49: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2789 comments Damn it, totally forgot to look for this ....... can I still join?

message 50: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15212 comments Sure can! Team 1. :)

« previous 1