Play Book Tag discussion

Listen to Me (Fusion, #1)
This topic is about Listen to Me
Archive: Other Books > Listen to Me by Kristen Proby -- 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole R (last edited May 18, 2018 06:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Listen to Me by Kristen Proby
3 stars

Whew! That was definitely more sex than the romance novels I typically read (I am more of a Nora Roberts type of romance reader). Also, I listened to it on audio and I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever listened to a romance novel on audio. It was...interesting.

I mean, let's be honest, books like this are not known for their stunning prose and realistic dialogue, and having someone read it out loud to me just highlighted that. Plus, awkward turtle arriving at work after listening to someone read sex scenes to me for a large portion of my morning commute!

And, the ending of this book was just so over the top. It was way to sentimental. Both characters were stupendously stubborn and then the last 30 minutes of the book slipped into some Christian Grey like scenes minus the Red Room.

But, miraculously, despite those things, I liked the characters. They certainly were not super deep, but I am a sucker for a book where the main characters have awesome groups of friends. And Addi had her four best friends she co-own the restaurant Seduction with who were just fun and it looks like this series continues with a book focused on each of them. And Jake has these two sets of couple friends who were pretty adorable and I would totally like to continue to follow and learn more about.

Damnit, I am just going to give in an listen to the next installment in the series. I am in a trashy romance book kind of mood and I liked the quintet of girl friends to at least get through the next book.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9367 comments Nicole, glad you’re indulging the other side if you’re reading this summer. You deserve it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Listen to Me (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kristen Proby (other topics)