Challenge Corner discussion

Brave New World
This topic is about Brave New World
Let's Buddy! - Classics/Lit > Brave New World by Aldous Huxley -> Restarting on September 6th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 64652 comments Mod
Far in the future, the World Controllers have created the ideal society. Through clever use of genetic engineering, brainwashing and recreational sex and drugs, all its members are happy consumers. Bernard Marx seems alone harbouring an ill-defined longing to break free. A visit to one of the few remaining Savage Reservations, where the old, imperfect life still continues, may be the cure for his distress...

Huxley's ingenious fantasy of the future sheds a blazing light on the present and is considered to be his most enduring masterpiece.

message 2: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cristina wrote: "Hi Alaina! So excited for this

How would you like to read this? We read each a certain number of chapters and then discuss them, orrrr? :p"

which ever works for you :D it's sitting on my night stand at home

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cristina wrote: "there are eighteen chapters, wanna do three chapters a day? More? Less?"

Sorry!! I just saw this!! Yeah we can do that :D

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Chapter 5: (view spoiler)
Chapter 10: (view spoiler)
Chapter 15: (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

RESTARTING SEPTEMBER 6TH, 2018

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments Does this remind anyone of a Clockwork Orange? The continuous speeches about being a certain way?

If it is torn throw it away! Where are the dumps, that's what I want to know.

message 7: by Lane (new) - added it

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

I've never read Clockwork Orange but now I'm thinking I should. I was just thinking while reading this how many classics I never had to read in school and now really need to.

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments Somewhere in Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Chapter 10
(view spoiler)

Chapter 16ish to end (view spoiler)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments Lane wrote: "Chapter 3 [spoilers removed]

I've never read Clockwork Orange but now I'm thinking I should. I was just thinking while reading this how many classics I never had to read in school and now really ..."

I just read Clockwork Orange earlier this year. :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I have this book but I don't know if I want to pick it up especially since its got 2 stars here...

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments Cinthia wrote: "I have this book but I don't know if I want to pick it up especially since its got 2 stars here..."

I'd read it if I were you. Two stars is that it is ok. I really think that it is because I've just read too many dystopia books lately.