What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction book about a photographer with expensive shoes

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jirka (new)

Jirka | 2 comments I am a librarian and I was asked by our reader to find a book, unfortunately with very limited data given. The plot should be like:

An amateur photographer works in the shoe industry on an unknown position (it could be anything) but is probably (I don't know it for sure) fired, so he can use much more time to photographing. Because of his (former) job, he wears really great or expensive shoes, so a rich woman consider him to be of higher socioeconomic status and probably makes acquaintance with him.

It should be written in English and by a contemporary author (don't know what "contemporary" means though).

Any advice would be very appreciated.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36592 comments Mod
Jirka, what's the location of the story - country, region, big city/small town?

What's the genre or tone - romance, mystery, romantic suspense, funny, etc.?

message 3: by Jirka (new)

Jirka | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Jirka, what's the location of the story - country, region, big city/small town?

What's the genre or tone - romance, mystery, romantic suspense, funny, etc.?"

Well, that's exactly what I don't know, BUT : I have got some new clues: The photographer is a railfan or train-spotter. He bought expensive photography equipment.
The rich lady lends him her car with GPS. The book goes into details in telling the reader what GPS is, therefore I think the book was written in the time when GPS was something new (mid-1990s?).

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Jirka, are you still looking for this or did you find it?