AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor
FREE ARC FOR GOLD DIGGER

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (last edited May 18, 2018 05:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
Rebecca Rosenberg
Gold Digger

If you would like to review GOLD DIGGER, email cindy@rebecca-rosenberg.com for a FREE ARC!

1878, Colorado. Twenty year old Lizzie Doe leaves her family behind to prospect a gold mine in Colorado with her husband. Lizzie is determined to send money home to her parents so they won’t lose their haberdashery. Miners, unaccustomed to such beauty, nickname her Baby Doe, after a newborn dear.

Baby Doe never imagines she’ll find herself abandoned, pregnant, and running the gold mine alone. She attracting the attention of the new Silver King, Horace Tabor, a married man twice her age. Society labels her Gold Digger.

When Baby Doe takes Tabor as a mining partner, she finds an extraordinary passion for the married Senator, even as she struggles with the seventh commandment. Political and society circles buzz with scandal and she leaves Tabor, rather than destroy his reputation. But Tabor cannot deny his love for Baby Doe, divorcing his wife and marrying her at the nation’s capital with the president in attendance.

The Tabor’s bliss is not to last. The Silver Purchase act is repealed and silver becomes worthless. As their fortune collapses, society thinks the beautiful, young Baby Doe will leave Tabor. But she takes over their finances while he scrambles to buy gold mines, until all is lost, except the Matchless Mine.

TO JOIN REBECCA’S REVIEW TEAM AND RECEIVE A FREE ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) email cindy@rebecca-rosenberg.com

message 2: by Aurora (new)

Aurora | 19 comments Will email :) i actually read THE SILVER BARONS WIFE BY DONNA BAIER STEIN. She is quite a tragic character