Too Busy for Book Club Book Club discussion

August Book - Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 81 comments Mod
What should we read??

message 2: by Molly (new)

Molly Jo | 54 comments I had my local librarian recommend the author Sarah Jio. she wrote Blackberry Winter and Goodnight June plus a few others.

I have a pile here of other books I am working on this month, but that is my suggestion for the next author or book to read in this group.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Wint...

message 3: by lc (new)

lc | 79 comments Mod
I'll look it up, thanks, Molly!

message 4: by lc (new)

lc | 79 comments Mod
Blackberry Winter looks as if it would be a good August read.

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly Jo | 54 comments lc wrote: "Blackberry Winter looks as if it would be a good August read."

I think so too!

message 6: by Darby (new)

Darby | 9 comments Blackberry winter sounds good to me too.

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee I am on board too!

message 8: by Darby (new)

Darby | 9 comments So r we doing Blackberry Winter?

message 9: by Molly (new)

Molly Jo | 54 comments I think we should. I ordered and should be getting my copy this week.

Just read one of this authors other books (Goodnight Moon) and it was an enjoyable easy read. Right now I am reading "hurricane sisters by dorothea benton frank".

Maybe next month when school is back in session and vacations are over we can get more people on board with a new pick for fall.

message 10: by Darby (new)

Darby | 9 comments Sounds good. :)

message 11: by Renee (new)

Renee Just got my copy and just finished a book I will be starting it soon!!

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee I already finished it. Anyone else?

message 13: by Molly (new)

Molly Jo | 54 comments not started yet, just finishing up another then will get to it soon. hope you enjoyed it Renee!

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee I did!! Just waiting to dish on it = )

message 15: by Molly (new)

Molly Jo | 54 comments Hi Renee, Darby, LC and anyone who read Blackberry Winter for Aug. Intended to post before the end of Aug but the weekend got crazy.

I have now read 4 of Sarah Jio's books and just finished Blackberry Winter Friday. I really like her style of writing going from past to present, with each chapter, then tying it all together as the mystery completes with a twist. I will be getting all her titles together and reading the rest of her books.

I tend to do that with an author I like. We had Fannie Flag book on here and I have read most all of her books now and I really like Ruth Reichl too (we read Delicious!) so have now read most all of her books. Do any of you tend to do that too?

Renee what did you think about Blackberry Winter? My heart broke for both mothers past and present and the loss of their sons. Can not fathom the pain. I like these light mysteries (I am not into King and really scary stuff LOL)

message 16: by Renee (new)

Renee I liked blackberry winter. I like when chapters go back and forth. I have to say tho I was not a fan of the guy who owned the coffee shop. I felt like his character was unnecessary (I won't say too much incase people are still reading it). But over all I would read another book by her. It was a quick light read! Perfect for summer!!

message 17: by Molly (new)

Molly Jo | 54 comments all 4 of this authors books, that I have read, did the same back and forth between eras and I liked how it all was tied up in past meet present at the end. All are quick light reads, perfect for busy me.

I guess the man from coffee shop was necessary to keep the building he now owned and that she had lived in when her son dissapeared to be in the story. I thought he also seemed like he could be a possible love interest in her marriage, if it broke up, or to give her the insight and courage to believe in her love of her husband and repair.

do you have any recommendations for the next book Renee?? already half thru Sept so maybe get a pick decided for Oct?

message 18: by Renee (new)

Renee I am actually heading to Europe next week and won't be back until oct 5th. But I am open to mostly anything. I just got a plethora of books for the plane trains and automobiles I am going to be on. So I am open for anything really

message 19: by Molly (new)

Molly Jo | 54 comments just got Sarah Jio's latest one : The Look Of Love.

message 20: by lc (new)

lc | 79 comments Mod
Let's begin anew: The book for January is GONE GIRL. Don't see the film, read the book. I did and will be happy to Moderate. It is a thriller to be sure! lc

message 21: by Molly (new)

Molly Jo | 54 comments I am in and just ordered it from Library and am #83 of 50 copies..so hope to get it by january! Might be just me and you LC!