Sci-fi Women discussion

Some success

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (last edited May 17, 2018 11:38PM) (new)

Kelly Johnson | 11 comments Hello, all.

I wanted to take a moment and share that my self-published title, Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation has garnered some success. It placed third in the anthologies category of the 2018 eLit Awards.

Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation is an anthology which portrays Mars as the superpower of the future. Six short stories highlight the Galactic Federation of Mars, from a metaphorical end of life on Earth to life under the rule of the Red Planet. The parables range from hard sci-fi to fantasy, and reflect on today’s social paradigms, particularly with female protagonists in leadership roles (for five of the stories). Through particular connections, the stories as a collective reveal an adversity of the imagination with a looming alien invasion.

Be sure to check it out. Thanks for your time and support.

Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Gamble (wendygamblesf) | 8 comments Kelly wrote: "Hello, all.

I wanted to take a moment and share that my self-published title, Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation has garnered some success. It placed third in the anthologies category of the 2018 ..."

Congratulations, Kelly!

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Johnson | 11 comments Wendy wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Hello, all.

I wanted to take a moment and share that my self-published title, Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation has garnered some success. It placed third in the anthologies categor..."

Thank you, Wendy. :)

message 4: by Moby (new)

Moby Dennis (mobydennis) | 1 comments I am a reader cum writer. I like to read books of science fictions. While I am searching for such books on this site, this book caught my attention and hence I started to read. It's highlighting the Galactic Federation of Mars as tomorrow's superpower, six shorts showcase life under its rule, and together, reveal an adversity of the imagination with a looming alien invasion. Quite interesting. I am planning to write an essay related to this book on my website for the best essay writing service

message 5: by Rachel Adiyah (new)

Rachel Adiyah | 37 comments Kelly wrote: "Hello, all.

I wanted to take a moment and share that my self-published title, Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation has garnered some success. It placed third in the anthologies category of the 2018 ..."

Awesome! Congratulations! Your book's concept is quite interesting.

message 6: by Corin (new)

Corin Reyburn | 4 comments Congrats, Kelly! Exciting to see a fellow female sci-fi author have success...love that you write hard sci-fi, too. Keep on fighting the good fight. - Corin

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan Lynch | 1 comments That’s awesome. Congratulations!