Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation
This topic is about Skies Over Tomorrow
Promotions > Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Johnson | 21 comments Hello. I'm Kelly Johnson, indie author of the sci-fi anthology, Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation. I joined this group to present The Mars Conspiracy and OF Lords and Ladies, two of six short stories in the book with interracial couples.

The Mars Conspiracy:
This story follows Felix Ilom, a special agent investigating missing provisions of the Galactic Federation of Mars. He is a native Martian of Negroid decent, and as the main character, he is supported by his immigrant and somewhat mysterious wife of Earth, Hoku Ellison. She is of Mongoloid decent. Though introduced as a supporting character in this story, she plays a critical role in her husband's investigation and takes a more prominent role in the follow up novel, Dream Synthesis (release date TBA).

Of Lords and Ladies:
This is my favorite of the six, because of its Romeo & Juliet theme with the main characters' "interracial" relationship. As the story is science fantasy, the MCs are Enterians (from Enteria) but are of different ethnic backgrounds of that world. Similiarly to Felix and Hoku in The Mars Conspiracy, the heroine, Lady Ayame, helps her fiance, Lord Shen, on his quest for peace; however, while both are protagonists, Ayame is more of the central character and ultimately is responsible for the death of her mate-to-be.

Thinking about it, though not romantically involved, three of the other four stories do have interracial pairings of female protagonists and male antagonists, all of different backgrounds. This speaks to the diversity that Skies Over Tomorrow: Constellation represents.

While I recognize members of this group have an interest in interracial romance, I think SOTC will satisfy those who are also into science fiction and value diversity. Please check it out. It's available from Amazon (via Goodreads) or my studio's website: www.chaosstudio7.com/sotc.

Thanks for your time and support.

message 2: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited May 18, 2018 10:59AM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 124 comments Hi. Sounds intriguing, so it's going on my TBR. SF is a genre I'm not really familiar with having only read probably a handful of partly SF books, so thanks for mentioning it. :-)

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Thanks Kelly!!!

message 4: by Kelly (last edited May 19, 2018 12:10AM) (new)

Kelly Johnson | 21 comments Herekittykitty wrote: "Hi. Sounds intriguing, so it's going on my TBR. SF is a genre I'm not really familiar with having only read probably a handful of partly SF books, so thanks for mentioning it. :-)"

No problem, Herekittykitty. Thanks for the interest. :)

With SOTC, the sci-fi element in each short is balanced--if not a background aspect. This allows the characters to stand out and the stories to fall under sub-genres (drama, mystery, romance, etc.). In fact, a WD judge called it a fun book.

When you do get around to checking it out, I promise--I guarantee you'll enjoy it. :)

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Johnson | 21 comments Michelle wrote: "Thanks Kelly!!!"

You're welcome.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Johnson | 21 comments BTW, here's a 30 second promo I created for Of Lords and Ladies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Aw2...

Enjoy.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 124 comments Kelly wrote: "Herekittykitty wrote: "Hi. Sounds intriguing, so it's going on my TBR. SF is a genre I'm not really familiar with having only read probably a handful of partly SF books, so thanks for mentioning it..."

I look forward to it.