Our Shared Shelf discussion

Announcements > OSS EXCLUSIVE!! Radium Girls Author, Kate Moore created a video message for OSS

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (last edited May 18, 2018 11:03PM) (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
Hi Everyone::

When asking authors for a reading excerpt, I always hope for something that will resonate with OSS members. But I also know that our authors are extremely busy and I am very grateful for anything they can send. I do love hearing a book from the writer's own voice.

Today, when I opened the link below from Kate Moore, I was blown away. The passion she has for the legacy of the Radium Girls is expressed with such heartfelt purpose and intention. It was fascinating to hear how she prepared to write this book; and how she honored the stories of these brave women who are so present in our lives today. Plus, I could listen to Kate Moore’s voice all day. Feeling inspired and so grateful to Kate Moore to be able to share this with all of you. I hope you’ll share your thoughts.

Still glowing,
Helen

https://youtu.be/rE4Hp2PI47E

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliejuz) | 97 comments She speaks of this story with so much passion ! I was already excited to discover the book, but that video makes me want to finish The Hate U Give as fast as possible to read this one :-)

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Arredondo (dalaimommadrama) | 4 comments I agree...I love hearing a book from the writer's own voice. I am excited to "go on this journey".

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 1 comments Reading this important story for the second time and completely moved by the author's telling. Our non-fiction book club pick for May.

message 5: by Nissa (new)

Nissa (nevans1972) | 4 comments Thanks for sharing this video with us.

message 6: by Deb (new)

Deb | 5 comments Looking forward to reading it x

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan | 16 comments I loved the book - I kind of vaguely registered that the author was British from a few things she said, but it didn’t fully click until now. Her speaking style is different from her writing style! :)

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne Kiely (annekiely) | 3 comments It’s good to hear the author being so excited and passionate about the women. I’m about to start reading the book.

message 9: by Tara (new)

Tara Lynn | 2 comments This is a wonderful introduction to the author, the story, and the characters. Thank you for this valuable insight and opportunity to hear from the author.

message 10: by Aqsa (new)

Aqsa (her_747) | 5 comments Thanks for sharing. I'll try a nd start it soon. It's seems really good :)

message 11: by Nicté (new)

Nicté (nictetrujillo) Wow, this is so cool. My heart is so full this morning!
I'm so excited to read this book!

message 12: by Manpreet (new)

Manpreet | 4 comments Love this! It’s so amazing to see how passionate she is and how this story even today deeply resonates with us ❤️

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane | 33 comments This was so great to hear the author talk about her book and the characters. It makes me even more excited for the reading of it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for sharing this video :)

message 15: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 5 comments Wow! Such passion. Such tenacity. What inspiration!

message 16: by Sakshi (new)

Sakshi Kathuria (pagesinsidemyheadoninstagram) | 2 comments Beautiful message and makes me want to pick up the book soon. Thank you for sharing :)

message 17: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 30 comments Wow! I am blown away by her passion for the work, but especially by her compassion for these girls, and everything they stand for. She's clearly very proud of her work, as she should be. Thank you for sharing!:))

message 18: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 8 comments A wonderfu video. I'm just waiting on the library and then I can read the book,

message 19: by Ross (new)

Ross | 1444 comments Excellent idea to have author reading. what an excellent subject/author to start with.

message 20: by June (new)

June | 2 comments I had wanted to read it before watching her video, now I sent an email to my local book club to add it to our list also. Only problem is I'm on a waiting list at the library, #23!! Yikes I hope they all read quickly!

message 21: by Teri (new)

Teri (artsybookgeek) | 4 comments Wow! Great video! Very inspiring to know she was working on the play, and had visited their homes and final resting places. She truly inspires us to remember and honor these women.

message 22: by Mary (new)

Mary Caliendo (marycaliendo) | 5 comments thank you for sharing!

message 23: by Mary (new)

Mary Bronson | 17 comments Thanks Kate Moore for the message. I can not wait to read the book. I just got a hold of it!

message 24: by Kerrie (new)

Kerrie (kez66) | 3 comments I'm really keen to add this to my to read list now. Thanks for the message Kate.

message 25: by Anneliese (new)

Anneliese | 1 comments Thank you Kate for the message! You are very inspiring yourself. xoxo

message 26: by Sam (new)

Sam | 3 comments I was already very interested to read this book and learn about the girls but WOW now I seriously can not wait! I love how passionate the author is about the girls and about sharing their stories and struggles. I hope that after reading this, I can help to spread the stories of these girls so even more people can learn about it!

message 27: by Molly (new)

Molly (bkwurm13) Kate, your passion for these women and mission to share their story and do them justice is inspiring. I got chills listening to you speak and felt your enthusiasm and respect shining through each page of the book - thank you so much for sharing your work with us!

message 28: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 149 comments This is great! I really enjoyed the book!