What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Girl lives in a city in the sky, she visits the ground and runs away from her parents

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haylee (new)

Haylee | 4 comments I’m trying to remember a book but I can’t remember if I even finished it or even if it’s an actual book. It’s about a girl who lives in a peaceful city in the sky with her family. On the ground there is another city that is full of poverty. There is a war happening between the cities. The girl visits the city on the ground with her family and runs away from them.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40688 comments Mod
Haylee, as you saw in the popup box when you posted your comment, please tell us around what year you read the book. This makes your query a lot easier to solve.

message 3: by Haylee (new)

Haylee | 4 comments Sorry, I must have missed that. It would have been the end of last year/start of this year.

message 5: by Haylee (new)

Haylee | 4 comments Nah it’s not that one, thanks anyway :)

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Perfect Ruin?

The Thousandth Floor?

If not, what type of city was it? Like were people living on clouds? Were there buildings up there? How old was the girl in the story? Was it YA or more middle grade?

message 7: by Haylee (new)

Haylee | 4 comments Thanks for ideas Rainbowheart but it’s none of those. An actual city with buildings but not in the clouds. It would probably be YA. I think they travelled in some sort of elevator to get to the ground.

message 8: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 989 comments I was going to suggest the Internment Chronicles (Perfect Ruin) as well - it sounds right with the city in the sky and the war between cities on the ground.

Do you remember if it's normal for people to travel back and forth between the ground and the sky or why the girl runs away from her parents?

IIRC, the MC in The Silver Metal Lover lives in the sky with her mother and then comes to the ground and runs away. I'm not sure if that might fit your plot?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40688 comments Mod
Haylee, are you still looking for this or did you find it?