Play Book Tag discussion

Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
This topic is about Bloodstone
May 2018: Family Drama > Bloodstone/ Barbra Annino - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Stacy Justice is a reporter with a very kooky family. In this second book of the series, a young girl named Ivy shows up at her door claiming to be her long lost sister. Stacy is very skeptical and then when one of the guests at her aunts B&B shows up dead, Stacy is distracted with trying to find out what is going on with the murder mystery weekend that goes awry.

This was a quick listen and enjoyable enough. I think that the writing has improved slightly from the first book in terms of not being as annoying. On this installment, I felt like there were a lot of secondary characters and many coincidences which made the story a bit hard to follow in some places. However, it is a cozy paranormal so I suppose some suspension of disbelief is expected. In the end, Thor (the great dane) is still my favorite character but Stacy's aunts and grandmother are also endearing.

NOTE: While family drama may imply literary fiction, there was lots of family drama is this cozy paranormal if you are looking for some lighter fare.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6749 comments I like your little footnote. One thing about family drama as a tag - - I think you can find it in so many genres - - literary fiction, biography, history, mystery, and apparently cozy paranormal!