Play Book Tag discussion

The Lost Days (Emily the Strange, #1)
This topic is about The Lost Days
Archive: Other Books > The Lost Days/Rob Reger - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Sometimes I wander around the library and pick random books off the shelves. I recently picked up a book called: Dark Times, not realizing that it was the 3rd in a series. Luckily I was able to pick up the first book on Hoopla (ebook form). The Lost Days is about a girl who finds herself stranded in a town with amnesia. She is doesn't remember anything so she starts keeping a journal to help her figure out things. The town itself is very strange as well with some notable characters some of whom she befriends.

What I didn't know is that Emily the Strange is actually a logo created in '91 for a skateboard company and has a bit of a cult following. The skateboard company is based in Santa Cruz which is about 1 hour from where I live so I must have seen this before -- go figure. The book is a combination of almost diary like entries, lists and illustrations. There is definitely a goth vibe, as the main character dresses in black and has a following of black cats. She is incredibly smart, but I don't want to say much more. I will probably continue to read these although the hoopla app would not save my place while reading which was annoying.

message 2: by Amy N. (new)

Amy N. | 256 comments I loved this book when I read it back in high school! It was the kind of book that was better than it had to be. I had no idea Emily was a skateboard logo, though I knew she had to be some kind of marketing. She has that look. I forgot it had sequels, maybe I'll revisit this series.