What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > New Adult Romance: Plant sitter (possibly housekeeper) heroine rich tech hero published 2015-2018

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alysha (new)

Alysha (rumpshaker) | 2 comments Hello! I'm trying to remember the name of a book I've read in the past couple years. I usually read new releases, so it was published..probably within the last three or four years.

The only specific details I remember is that the heroine was either a plant sitter or a housekeeper, that was staying in her clients house. Her client was the male protagonist, and either owned the building or the condo in which our heroine was staying. I feel like the setting was a city in the midwest and the heroine would walk by the building with her friend and wonder what it was like inside.

When the hero was home, random things were out of place or missing, and he could smell whenever someone had taken a shower because the shampoo and soap would leave a fragrance that he would wonder about. This annoys him so much that he installs cameras in his apartment in order to see what's going on when he's not there. Their meeting is dragged out and when they finally come face to face he has her sign a contract of some kind..

I remember at one point they have dinner together at a restaurant he owns and she's introduced to one of his friends who is either a mob boss or some celebrity, I can't remember which. But equally wealthy.

More random things I remember about this story is that there's a gym in the basement of the building they live in and he keeps seeing her in the elevator wondering who she is, she's REALLY good with plants and mentions him not knowing the difference between a perennial and an annual

Hopefully these vague details help! I'm going through my bookshelves and keep finding similar plots like Jessica Lemmon's The Billionaire Next Door, which is also about a dog sitter that lives in the same building as her love interest who also happens to own the building but I have yet to find the book I'm thinking of

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36643 comments Mod
The Financier by Liz Maverick?
(www.worldcat.org > Advanced Search: Keyword: romance housesitting | Year: 2015-2018 | Non-Juvenile | Fiction | Book | English)

Alysha, what's the tone of this contemporary romance - romantic, romantic suspense, angsty, steamy/clean, funny, etc.?

Can we rule out pet sitting?

message 3: by Alysha (new)

Alysha (rumpshaker) | 2 comments It’s new adult romance! I don’t remember any pets so that can be ruled out

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40729 comments Mod
Alysha, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Financier (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Liz Maverick (other topics)