This Is Tucson Summer Reading Challenge discussion

What are you gonna read?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ThisIsTucson (new)

ThisIsTucson | 1 comments Mod
Have you picked your books from each category yet?!

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Carey (pauldc200) | 1 comments What an interesting list! It was wild to see so many titles that had been selected by more than one of the panelists. I looked it over and am adding 5 books to my TBR list for this summer. I'm going to start with "Chasing AZ". It sounds like it could be a real fun travelogue. Next are all three Smells Like Rain Nature titles. They all sound good. I've also selected McNamee's "A Food History of the SW". Food and history! I'm in. Now I am not a Preston/Child fan, but am adding "Thunderhead" solely due to it's inclusion on the list. I'm keeping an open mind. Footnote: I just recently finished Jance's "Downfall", otherwise I'd check it out too.

message 3: by Irene (new)

Irene McKisson | 1 comments I started The Emerald Mile about a crazy dangerous boat trip down the Grand Canyon. I feel like this one would be better suited for monsoon season though. Hard to imagine all that water in May 😂
I’m also really interested in the mystery “Deadly Sanctuary” because it involves a woman journalist at a newspaper in Arizona. I’m in!

message 4: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (bethany_evans) | 1 comments My first book is The Terranauts by T.C. Boyle, because I just generally enjoy his work and wanted to start out with some juicy fiction. I'm also definitely planning on reading High Tide in Tucson, Ceremony, and La Calle: Spatial Conflicts and Urban Renewal in a Southwest City. Undecided on the rest, but looking forward to reading at least one from each category! :)