The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Genius in Prison - Fiction book recommendations.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paraphilia (new)

Paraphilia | 2 comments I recently finished all four Hannibal Lecter books, and absolutely loved the character of Hannibal. The combination of high intelligence and education with psychopathy/ deviancy is fantastic. I'm hoping to find more fiction books where either the protagonist or antagonist is highly intelligent and educated, and confined to prison or a mental institution.

I assumed it would be quite a popular storyline - ie, the police or a family member wants to solve a crime, or wants to find out some information, however the person with this information is confined to a high security facility.

The other book I really enjoyed was 'End of Alice', about an educated pedophile in jail who corresponds with a young girl via letters. There's something about reading letters from gifted, but deviant people I find fascinating. I'm not into sci-fi, horror or fantasy genres.

There's a couple of books on my radar that I will be reading shortly:

The Count of Monte Cristo
Blood Meridian
Blacklands by Belinda Bauer
Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

Though none of them really capture the theme that I am after. Any recommendations would be great.

message 2: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 9328 comments Mod
You might want to try Bernard Minier's The Frozen Dead. That one's set in an asylum for the criminally insane, but there is most definitely a Hannibal Lecter type serial killer at the heart of the story.

message 3: by Paraphilia (new)

Paraphilia | 2 comments Fantastic! Thanks for that. That's exactly the type of book I'm after :)

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Frozen Dead (other topics)