Teen Library discussion

BOOKS > Book Purchases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) What books have you bought lately?

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Sara I'd love to hear your thoughts on To All the Boys I've Loved Before, when your done. I've been thinking of picking it up lately but I'm not sure id like it.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Roggenbuck | 5 comments Okay! I'll let you know what I think when I get around to reading it.

message 5: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

Ariana | 634 comments Mod
Okay guys, so I was at the store a few hours ago.... Holes (Holes, #1) by Louis Sachar , Hoot by Carl Hiaasen , The Good Dog by Avi , The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins , Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins , The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer , and The Blue Girl (Newford, #15) by Charles de Lint . I finally got some money, and I went to a thrift store so most of them were 95 cents.

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business The blue girl looks interesting.

message 8: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

It's the fifteenth book in a series.

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business wow, have you read them all?

message 10: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

No, but I saw it at the thrift store so I had to get it because I'm trying to read them all.

message 12: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

I really had to by it because it was 95 cents and it looked brand new!

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business At that price I would have done the same.

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) I love thrift books

message 15: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

They were in pretty good condition too.

message 16: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

I FINALLY GOT It by Stephen King AND The Book Thief by Markus Zusak !!!!!!!! *Evil laughter*

message 17: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
i just bought FOUR a divergent collection

These Violent Delights (Robin) I recently recieved my order from Barnes & Nobles! EEEKK! So happy! I also recieved a used book I ordered from Amazon today as well.

This is what I got:

Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return by Ian Doescher Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs

message 19: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
i am like officially out of books to read and out of money

and i don't like the library

message 20: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (last edited Aug 15, 2014 10:03PM) (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
I lied

i am so happy i got
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

i really like the cover:D

oh its will grayson will grayson by john green and david levithan

message 21: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

@Haley, I've been wanting to read that book!!!!! You're so lucky!!

message 22: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
:D

message 23: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Ferreira I recently bought Catcher in the Rye, If I Stay and Eleanor and Park

These Violent Delights (Robin) Here's what I ordered from Bookoutlet.com Saturday night, couldn't help myself!

Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2) by Tera Lynn Childs Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3) by Tera Lynn Childs Arcadia Burns (Arcadia, #2) by Kai Meyer Starling (Starling, #1) by Lesley Livingston Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1) by Ingrid Paulson Velveteen by Daniel Marks Team Human by Justine Larbalestier Arclight (Arclight, #1) by Josin L. McQuein Rush (The Game, #1) by Eve Silver Not a Drop to Drink (Not a Drop to Drink, #1) by Mindy McGinnis Parallel by Lauren Miller The Brokenhearted (The Brokenhearted #1) by Amelia Kahaney Dualed (Dualed, #1) by Elsie Chapman Eve & Adam (Eve & Adam, #1) by Michael Grant Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Outpost (Razorland, #2) by Ann Aguirre Horde (Razorland, #3) by Ann Aguirre Altered (Crewel World, #2) by Gennifer Albin The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1) by Mark Frost Isle of Night (The Watchers, #1) by Veronica Wolff Vampire's Kiss (The Watchers, #2) by Veronica Wolff Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3) by Veronica Wolff The Keep (The Watchers, #4) by Veronica Wolff Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Blood Oranges (Siobhan Quinn, #1) by Kathleen Tierney Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake Furious by Jill Wolfson Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1) by Jay Kristoff Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2) by Jay Kristoff Rain of the Ghosts by Greg Weisman The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon

These Violent Delights (Robin) I just recieved a couple Amazon.com orders in the mail!

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs Free to Fall by Lauren Miller Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth The Angel Stone (Fairwick Chronicles, #3) by Juliet Dark Dissonance (Dissonance, #1) by Erica O'Rourke Reckoning (Silver Blackthorn, #1) by Kerry Wilkinson Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1) by Leah Cypess Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1) by Lori M. Lee Beginnings Obsidian & Onyx (Lux, #1-2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 26: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

Aryan wrote: "I recently bought The Giver by Lois Lowry and I'm almost done!!! It's AMAZING! I'm now gonna starts reading Winger"

My class might start reading The Giver soon.

message 27: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
i bought If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman if i stay on kindle

message 28: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
i just finished it and cant wait for the movie it was good

message 29: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

I saw the movie. I wish I read the book first!!

message 30: by Mjkluio789 (new)

Mjkluio789 Robin wrote: "Here's what I ordered from Bookoutlet.com Saturday night, couldn't help myself!

Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2) by Tera Lynn ChildsSweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3) by Tera Lynn ChildsArcadia Burns (Arcadia, #2) by Kai Meyer[bookcover:Star..."

Wow! So many books! O.o You're so lucky.

These Violent Delights (Robin) Mjkluio789 wrote: "Robin wrote: "Here's what I ordered from Bookoutlet.com Saturday night, couldn't help myself!

Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2) by Tera Lynn ChildsSweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3) by Tera Lynn ChildsArcadia Burns (Arcadia, #2) by Kai Meyer..."

Thank you! But, I won't be getting any more books for a while.. Outside of Heir Of Fire and a couple other must haves that release in September

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Just went to bookhampton and got Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and A Discovery of Witches

message 33: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld

Every Day (Every Day #1) by David Levithan

message 34: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

haley (THE AMAZING ONE) :D wrote: "Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld

Every Day (Every Day #1) by David Levithan"

I loved Every Day!

message 35: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
i got it instead of city of bones cause it was cheaper and its one of our other group reads

message 36: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

Yay! I got The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne !

I need to read it before they make me read it in high school or else it'll be boring!!!!

message 37: by Marina (new)

Marina  (_kellie_k) I preordered The Blood of Olympus and I bought a (signed!!) copy of Percy Jackson's Greek Gods.

message 38: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

Lexi is starting a thing in Olaf's honor. Change your general update to

When you loose someone, it really cuts deep...

message 39: by Ariana, Smashing Pumpkins ~ Head Librarian (new)

Cool Aryan!

Today I bought The Burnt House (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #16) by Faye Kellerman !

message 40: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) I just bought...
The 5th Wave
A Dirty Job
Bag of Bones
Beauty Queens
Being Audrey Hepburn
Thirteen Reasons Why
The Meaning of Night
Alice in Zombieland
The Shack
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl.
.... Got these all for five dollars!!

message 41: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) Elizabeth wrote: "I just bought...
The 5th Wave
A Dirty Job
Bag of Bones
Beauty Queens
Being Audrey Hepburn
Thirteen Reasons Why
The Meaning of Night
Alice in Zombieland
The Shack
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanb..."

oh wow look like everyone is book worm today, out there. there lots of books, that on book shelf.

message 42: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) i have about 2 books that from whole collection of divergent. what other books,is everyone reading out there?

message 43: by Sheri (new)

Sheri S. | 2 comments I read Thirteen Reaons Why- amazing read. Enjoy!
Sheri S Levy

message 44: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Sara I have been avoiding the book because I have had two friends recently pass from suicide. I know it's amazing but idk if I will be able to read it without crying on every page.

message 45: by Sheri (new)

Sheri S. | 2 comments I understand the avoidance, I have also had friends commit suicide. My heart goes out to those students who are bullied and lack any self-confidence. If this book hits home with any readers and makes them aware how important it is to pay attention to people in need, some suicides may be prevented!

message 46: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) Sheri wrote: "I understand the avoidance, I have also had friends commit suicide. My heart goes out to those students who are bullied and lack any self-confidence. If this book hits home with any readers and mak..."

yeah that is true there. i never heard or read that book there before, cause i have tons of books, that i have here, that half read here.

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) I was in the city yesterday and I bought
-Signed copy of The Retribution of Mara Dyer
-Lola and the Boy Next Door
-The Darkest Minds

message 48: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (croft) Elizabeth wrote: "I was in the city yesterday and I bought
-Signed copy of The Retribution of Mara Dyer
-Lola and the Boy Next Door
-The Darkest Minds"

well that is really interesting and very cool idea that u got that out there. what are those 3 books about?

message 49: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
I did not actually buy these but I got them for Christmas

Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie Reached (Matched, #3) by Ally Condie Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson

message 50: by Haley, that weird and awesome person DUH... (new)

Haley | 760 comments Mod
I here that's a good book

« previous 1