Followed by Frost Followed by Frost question

Recommend books about death personified?
CC CC May 17, 2018 02:39AM
Hi!
I read the book Followed by Frost and love the idea of Death as a lonely being/"person" that has the chance at love or a human life. Prefer heroine perspective. Books like K... and Lord Death (forgot her name), etc.

What can you suggest?

TIA!

Thanks for the recommendations! I've read the Grave Mercy series and quite liked it. I'll look into that last book.

Yes, I went on a Hades/Persephone kick, but they weren't very good, tbh, which lead to this thread.

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers is a great book with a god of death as the love interest. It is the third book in the 'His Fair Assassin' trilogy but it can be read as a stand alone, though I highly recommend reading them all as they are fantastic. The first two books are called Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph.

Keturah and Lord Death I think is what you were thinking of? Such a good book.

This may be going a different direction than what you're looking for, but have you tried re-tellings of Hades & Persephone? Meg Cabot has one that was ok, but I'm sure there are better novelizations out there.

And if you're looking for books that have a similar flavor, may I suggest East by Edith Pattou? Not a story about Death, but it has the same lonely being/love story feeling that I really enjoyed (and I loved both the books you mentioned).

Thank you for the recommendation for East!

Sarah Hope you like it! It has the same "legend" feel as Keturah, so I think you'll enjoy it. ...more
Jun 05, 2018 11:55AM · flag

Also Existence by Abbi Glines, but this set in present day and is about a high school girl who falls in love with the angel of death himself. Can't say I loved it but you may like it.