What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Girl wakes up years later a mother at her daughter's wedding

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hofer | 4 comments Don't know if this is for children--but I read it 40 years ago. About a young woman who "wakes up" at her daughter's wedding. She has aged, smokes, but doesn't remember any of this life. She doesn't know her husband or children.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Is this literary fiction, mass market fiction, what genre if any?

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hofer | 4 comments Not totally sure. I read it when I was 10 or 12 46 years ago! So it is an older published book. Kindof sci-fi maybe. i remember that the woman's family is shocked at her "new" behavior--she's now a nice person whereas they have only known her as not such a nice person.

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2420 comments Do you remember what woke her up -- was it like a blow to the head or did it just happen without any cause? Does she remember anything from her childhood, like from when she was 12 or 15 or 18? Do you recall if you find out what made her "fall asleep" ? Did the waking up happen at the beginning of the book, so the book was mostly about her and her family coping with that, or did it happen at the end so it was like the climax of the book? Any recollection of how long the book was (short, medium, epic)? Do you remember if the book seemed like it was aimed at someone your age (10 or 12), or was it a "grownup" book that you stumbled on somehow?

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hofer | 4 comments Wow! Great questions. I don't recall if the character got a blow to the head. I do recall that she "wakes up" as the person she knows and "used to be." I recall the scene where the daughter is about to get married and she asks something of her mom, and the character can think of nothing but to give her good wishes,etc. The daughter is shocked because her "mom" never had anything nice to say. Yes, the awakening happens early in the book. It isn't a long book. It is probably a book geared towards young adult--I read it at my grandparents house--so maybe it was a borrowed book from the library. It as around the time I read "A Wrinkle in Time." I just don't recall much of the rest of the book--how it ends up....

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lynn, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hofer | 4 comments No, nothing. I think about this now and again. It was such a good story.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

Bryn (Plus Others) (brynplusplus) | 186 comments It sounds like this book is from the 40s or 50s, or at least no newer than 1960?