Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV Shows/ Podcasts > Netflix series: Appropriate Adult

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hari (new)

Hari Brandl (crochetbuddies) | 614 comments Fishface,
I started watching this 10 part series, and then went to the book
titles you shelved about Fred and Rose West. I assume you have read at least some of those books. Could you perhaps recommend two or three that you think are the best on the subject of these serial killers?
Thanks,
HB

message 2: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14163 comments You can profitably stick with Fred & Rose, which is a sort of basic text on the case, and "She Must Have Known": The Trial Of Rosemary West, which does a good job of raising troubling questions about Rose's guilt. Out of the Shadows: Fred West's Daughter Tells Her Harrowing Story of Survival will not make sense to you if you have not read Fred & Rose. As I recall, The Corpse Garden tells you more about the victims and less about the killers, if that's what you're after.

message 3: by Hari (new)

Hari Brandl (crochetbuddies) | 614 comments Excellent, Fishface.
BTW, the series is on Amazon Prime, not Netflix.
The episodes are short, some only 29 minutes long, but the acting is quite good, and some interesting issues come up, in addition to just the story of the investigation into the crimes of Fred and Rose.

message 4: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments Hmm, have to check this one out.

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 178 comments I need to watch that documentary on amazon prime