I Read Comic Books discussion

What is the best comic book technology?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (last edited May 16, 2018 04:37PM) (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 581 comments Mod
What is the best fictional technology in comic books?
no spoilers please

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert | 46 comments For reading? Buying? Learning?

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 581 comments Mod
Robert wrote: "For reading? Buying? Learning?"
My bad. I rephrased the question to make it more clear :)

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 265 comments Metron's Mobius Chair (From DC's New Gods)

Capabilites per Wikipedia

Interstellar/Teleportation Travel: The Mobius Chair's main capability is to travel and teleport through space, time and other dimensions in a matter of mere seconds. It can also fly.
Life Support: The Mobius Chair enables its user to survive the rigors of space and others environments.
Omniscience: Contains all knowledge of the New Gods, maps and history of all locations visited by Metron.
Danger and Life Sense
Holograms: Creates holograms to distract his enemies or display information.
Force Fields: It has a powerful force field to protect itself from any attacks and can also be used to contain enemies. Even metahumans with the power to phase cannot cross this field
Tractor-Beam: It has a powerful tractor-beam that can pull a planet.

message 5: by kaitlphere (new)

kaitlphere | 236 comments Mod
Daniel wrote: "Metron's Mobius Chair (From DC's New Gods)

Interstellar/Teleportation Travel: The Mobius Chair's main capability is to travel and teleport through space, time and other..."

Is this the floating chair used by the current villain in this season of The Flash on CW? I felt like that chair was way too powerful before he started body swapping and didn't need it for life support anymore...although maybe Davoe (spelling?) is similar to Doom or Thanos in the comics? Being that level of villain is the only way I see something that powerful making any kind of sense. Otherwise it's just making a B-level villain way overpowered.

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 265 comments Daniel wrote: "Metron's Mobius Chair (From DC's New Gods)

Interstellar/Teleportation Travel: The Mobius Chair's main capability is to travel and teleport through space, time and other..."

It does look very similar but i believe the Thinker (DeVoe) has his own chair, not very familiar with the character in the comics.
I think the coolest feature is that whomever sits upon the chair has all the knowledge, During the New 52 Darkseid war a member of the League sat on it. It was pretty great.

message 7: by Chad (new)

Chad | 826 comments It's two different chairs. I don'tthink The Thinker in the comics even has a chair. The last time we saw him, he only existed as a hologram I think.

message 8: by Chad (new)

Chad | 826 comments Chad wrote: "It's two different chairs. I don't think The Thinker in the comics even has a chair. The last time we saw him, he only existed as a hologram I think."

The Mobius Chair is insanely powerful.

message 9: by Francis (new)

Francis | 134 comments For me it's always been the Green Lanterns ring, as an artist the idea of your imagination being your only limitation is right up my street. Kyle Raynor was introduced at just the right time for me, and it always made sense to me that a graphic artist would make a great Lantern.