Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
This topic is about The Last Olympian
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Last Olympian [August 20, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 4 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
Aug 20th

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Just finished #4 and now I'm looking forward to finishing off the reread with this.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Started this one today. About three chapters in and enjoying that it got right to the action.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I think I'm through chapter 14 now. (view spoiler)

message 5: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 17998 comments Mod
I read this awhile ago and never discussed it... didn't there used to be more of us reading this?... I might wait to continue with the next series until there is more interest...

I kinda felt like I did with the previous books, that these are just OK... probably because I'm not the target audience...

How much does the focus shift in the followup series?... I also listened to the Demigod Files companion book a few days ago...

Angela Jr. | 995 comments There are multiple perspectives in the heroes of olympus.
Minor spoilers
(view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I forgot to comment more of my thoughts earlier. And yes, there were more of us for at least the first book. I think you and I are the only ones who have continued the series. And Angela has been popping in to chat with us.

I think this might be my favorite of the series.

The followup series has multiple perspectives, as Angela said. It also has Roman demigods as well as Greek and some more travel and things going on.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I read the entire Heroes of Olympus series a few years ago and enjoyed them. I'm not sure that I would like them as much now. I didn't like them as much as this series.