Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Mass Updating Kindle Books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DolphinBlue (new)

DolphinBlue (dolphinblue12) | 45 comments I noticed today in my book collection ("Manage Your Content and Devices" page on the website) that a number of books were designated "update available". I could not find a way to sort, filter, or otherwise find and select all of these. I had to click the orange 'update available' box on each one. I stopped after a few.

I have automatic updates turned ON, so I don't know why I have to manually update them.

Does anyone know of a way to sort/filter those books so they can all be updated at once?

message 2: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 454 comments unfortunately Amazon removed that sort/filter option a few years ago but even then you still had to update one at a time

you could try talking to Customer Service and asking them to update your books (if they can)

Help (link on top and/or bottom of every Amazon webpage)
Need more help?
Contact Us

message 3: by DolphinBlue (new)

DolphinBlue (dolphinblue12) | 45 comments Thanks, CBR, I'll give that a shot. Any idea why this is required given that automatic updates is turned on? Does automatic updates just not work any more?

message 4: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 29 comments Last time I was on the Manage Content & Devices page, I also had a ton of updates available, so it's not just you. It does appear that the automatic updates feature isn't working.

message 5: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 454 comments dunno, I usually check my books every week or so and have automatic updates turned off

message 6: by Art (aka Whistler Reads) (last edited May 17, 2018 12:10AM) (new)

Art (aka Whistler Reads) (art-whistlerreads) | 29 comments Don't know if I understand ... I got the impression when automatic updates became available that when you turned it on you gave the AUTHOR/PUBLISHER/WHOEVER the opportunity to fix/improve their content ... in the hopes that you'ld upgrade your stars/rating ... or maybe just your opinion of their work ...

message 7: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 454 comments you did give permission for books to be updated, but it's not for these reasons:

the opportunity to fix/improve their content ... in the hopes that you'ld upgrade your stars/rating ... or maybe just your opinion of their work ...

it's simply to correct errors or change covers (especially if a movie tie in exists). However, I do go back to my prior reviews where I've noted problems with books and mention that the problem has now been corrected, though.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth Roberts | 204 comments I just turned mine off because of changing covers. I hate movie tie-ins. And changing covers in general.

Wish I'd done it sooner.