Delirity discussion

Author F > Broken Destiny - J. Frost

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I've got the arc of this one and will be reading it soon. I'm hoping it is as good as the early Cat and Bones books, not the later ones.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Oooo, I'm awaiting word for whether I'll be getting an ARC of this one!! Hate waiting!

message 4: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Scared to read anything else by this author honestly. I might end up giving it a try just to see if she can switch it up. Some authors have the same formula for all of their books.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Mawh-ha-ha!! I didn't recieve word of whether I got ARC, but two just showed up at my door this morning.

I think I exploded eardrums with my happy squeals!

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I just read the Arc this week and it was tough, I found it to be boring. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Nooooooooooo! Don't say that! *sobs* Well hopefully I get into it fast and it's one of those books we don't agree on.

I've been looking forward to this for so long. Let it be good. I admit I have a bad rap with adult PNR/UF authors going to YA, but I have faith!

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments The one saving grace was that the chapters are short and the book reads fast.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Fast reads are nice. Hopefully by the time I get to it my excitement will be revved up again!!

message 10: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Aug 22, 2014 09:44PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Haven't had that much time to read it. So far it hasn't dazzled me, but I'm enjoying it.

But I have to ask, what is with they YA/NA insta love/lust bull? Frost knows how to build sexual tension and grow the relationship. Why is it that even good authors still take the easy way out with YA/NA?

Build up! Sexual tension! Please.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Finished it. Meh.

I hate it when I'm part of a book tour and I'm one of the few with a 2/5 rating. I still think 2/5 are worth checking out . . .

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments That is a big reason why I don't have a blog. I would feel bad about rating it when you are on the front line like that.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Yeah, but mine is small so I don't feel too much pressure. ^_-

message 14: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 120 comments I just got done with this and I actually really enjoyed it! I love NA books and I really didn't think of this as insta-love. Inst-lust for sure. But the novel takes place over more than a month, so I didn't feel like it was insta-love at all.

I really love the way Frost's books all are such fast reads, too.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Even with a month, which doesn't seem like a long time to me, wasn't developed well enough for me to buy it.

I've been picky lately though.