#BookBaeReadalong discussion

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
This topic is about A Court of Wings and Ruin
ACOWAR thoughts!!!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caught Between Pages | 11 comments Mod
Home stretch now, guys! I have a feeling this one is going to tear my heart out a little...

WhattheGemini | 8 comments I'm starting this today, I haven't read it since it came out, and I read it so fast that I'm sure I missed a lot. This one made me very very angry. 😂

Gabrigeeta (gabrigeeta_) In my opinion, it wasn't my favorite. I found it really slow in the beginning and didn't pick up until later on.... That being said, can't wait for the next installment!

Caught Between Pages wrote: "Home stretch now, guys! I have a feeling this one is going to tear my heart out a little..."

Ahhh I'm so scared!! I wanna love it the way I loved ACOMAF but everyone seems to be really iffy on Acowar....

INKNOTBLOOD | 4 comments I am halfway through! I'm actually liking the first half of this book more than I liked the first half of ACOMAF. Feyre being a sneaky spy—YES. I actually read the Summer Court battle scene while listening to Two Steps from Hell, which is maybe the best decision I've ever made. I don't usually listen to music while I read, but WOWWWW! It was amazing.

WhattheGemini | 8 comments •● Spoilers Chapter 1-15●•

My goodness yall, I love Feyre. The manipulation and schemes she did at the Spring Court was amazing. I love when she uses her power (daemati) during dinner against the twins. I feel so proud of her. Feyre has just become fearless.

I like Jurian, he is very intelligent and aware. His presence is entertaining.

Feyre low-key makes side comments about Lucien's eye alot, especially in ACOTAR, but shes never been rude about it until page. 30 "what do you even see with that thing?" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tamlin seems too naive, he was just oblivious to everything going on around him while everyone else kinda knew what was going on with Feyre. Alis & Lucien suspected Feyre. Jurian and the twins knew she was going leave. How was Tamlin not seeing all this?

(page 82) Information was dropped in our lap. The twins seem to have some kinda intelligence, why are they telling Feyre all of this?

(Page 150)
Lucien "I hadn't realized I was a villain in your narrative."
First of all, you nearly got her killed 827,982 times in ACOTAR.🙄 Then you let her rot away because you didn't have the balls to stand up to Tamlin in ACOMAF.

WhattheGemini wrote: "•● Spoilers Chapter 1-15●•

My goodness yall, I love Feyre. The manipulation and schemes she did at the Spring Court was amazing. I love when she uses her power (daemati) during dinner against the ..."

YES Feyre's growth has become the central narrative and I live for it. When I compare how mentally weak she was at the start to her now? Incredible. And she's still stayed kind and loving and caring.

Also the sass @ Lucien?? I LOVE IT!!! Plus, like, I kinda wanna know what he does see with that eye, so I wish he'd answered the question properly.

Those twins... I didn't like their introduction. I think they were taken out of the story way too fast and I don't buy how easily they died. Like, Feyre's great, but I can't believe that after 6 weeks of now training (and only a few months of training before then) she took down two trained soldiers who have been doing this for literally thousands of years. Especially while she's poisoned/weakened.

Fuckin' Tamlin man... he deserves whatever he gets tbh.

WhattheGemini | 8 comments I really enjoyed Part 1 of this book but Part 2 &3 felt so rushed. The conversations of world building and character development just annoyed me. It was so much explaining!! I feel so betrayed by this book. ACOMAF really doesnt fit with this series.

Lou (Lou and Life) (louisepayne) | 5 comments Mod
WhattheGemini wrote: "I really enjoyed Part 1 of this book but Part 2 &3 felt so rushed. The conversations of world building and character development just annoyed me. It was so much explaining!! I feel so betrayed by t..."

Part 1 is honestly the best part of ACOWAR. I did feel that part had an essence of ACOMAF, but then the rest went downhill. Especially with the character regression with Mor...

Lou (BooksAreAWayOfLife) wrote: "WhattheGemini wrote: "I really enjoyed Part 1 of this book but Part 2 &3 felt so rushed. The conversations of world building and character development just annoyed me. It was so much explaining!! I..."

YES! the first part was actually pretty great! I LOVED seeing Feyre be all sneaky. And Part 2 I can handle, even though SJM went back and did some more info dumping like in TAR for worldbuilding, but part three... so frustrating

Caught Between Pages wrote: "Lou (BooksAreAWayOfLife) wrote: "WhattheGemini wrote: "I really enjoyed Part 1 of this book but Part 2 &3 felt so rushed. The conversations of world building and character development just annoyed ..."

Too many people survived too 😂

INKNOTBLOOD | 4 comments Lou (BooksAreAWayOfLife) wrote: "Caught Between Pages wrote: "Lou (BooksAreAWayOfLife) wrote: "WhattheGemini wrote: "I really enjoyed Part 1 of this book but Part 2 &3 felt so rushed. The conversations of world building and charac..."

Yeah, bringing back not one, but TWO characters?! Ugh.

INKNOTBLOOD wrote: "Lou (BooksAreAWayOfLife) wrote: "Caught Between Pages wrote: "Lou (BooksAreAWayOfLife) wrote: "WhattheGemini wrote: "I really enjoyed Part 1 of this book but Part 2 &3 felt so rushed. The conversat..."

In such a easy way as well 😂