Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 3 chapters of a fiction taking place in India

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aliza (new)

Aliza | 66 comments 6000 words total.
Willing for an exchange of similar length. (no dystopia or science fiction please)

message 2: by Goodness (new)

Goodness Nwankpa (goodnessnwankpa) | 43 comments Hi Aliza,
I have a story around 6,000 words that I am seeking feedback on. Would you be willing to swap?

message 3: by Aliza (new)

Aliza | 66 comments What genre?

message 4: by Aliza (new)

Aliza | 66 comments Goodness wrote: "Goodness wrote: "Hi Aliza,
I have a story around 6,000 words that I am seeking feedback on. Would you be willing to swap?"

It's a vampire romance."

Sorry, I should've included the whole vampire genre along with dystopian and science fiction. I know it's very popular but I can't get into it.
Thanks anyway and best of luck with it!

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Liberty | 40 comments Aliza,
I can take a look at your 3 chapters. If interested, you can send it to me at chrismackey1972@gmail.com.

message 6: by Aliza (new)

Aliza | 66 comments Thanks, Chris. I sent you 4 chapters.

message 7: by Hajar (new)

Hajar Ali | 18 comments Hi Aliza, mine reimagines biblical characters(Abraham, Sarah, Hagar) in a modern context. It discusses issues of surrogacy, the centrality of fertility in the lives of women and women-to-women interactions.
The first chapter opens with a forced abortion against the background of a fairy worshipping valley in the remote hills of north western Pakistan.

Set as a thriller, imagine these biblical figures as characters in a Caroline Kepnes novel (i.e. Dark and twisted). Let me know if you'd be interested in a swap?

message 8: by Aliza (new)

Aliza | 66 comments Thanks, Hajar, but 3 people have already done a beta read for me.
Best of luck!

message 9: by Hajar (new)

Hajar Ali | 18 comments Thanks for the reply!