I love Alpha Male books club discussion

Want paranormal recommendations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amber’s reading I pretty much only read contemporary romance, but wanted to give a paranormal book a try. I read the twilight series year ago, but don’t know where to start. Suggestions?

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina | 11 comments Same here. After Twilight, definitely wanted to try Paranormal. The 1st book I read had me HOOKED!!!

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole

I love this book. This is part of a series and it is long. Every book has it's own story and has an HEA. SO, you don't have to commit to the whole series. It's so good, though, that I have read them all! This is the first book in the Immortals After Dark series and it is a very popular paranormal romance series. I hope you like it!

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 23 comments If you like Vampires I suggest J.R. Ward black dagger brotherhood series. Also if you like Kristen Ashley I enjoyed her paranormal series. Suzanne Wright has the Phoenix and Mercury pack shifter series which are awesome as well.

✰♊ Angie ♊✰ Ahhh… Twilight... usually found somewhere on the path of many reader's journey into the paranormal romance genre. It's definitely on mine. I read it years ago as well, and have actually re-read the series a couple of times. Of course, now that I'm older, the young adult genre holds less appeal for me than it used to.

I second the Samantha's suggestion of the Black Daggar Brotherhood Series. Lots of books in that series to keep you busy for quite some time.

I'd also recommend Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series. One of my top favorite paranormal series ever.

Hope you find something you love! Happy reading!

message 5: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup Halfway to the Grave kicks off an awesome PNR series. I agree with the earlier suggestions of J.R. Ward, Kresley Cole, & Karen Marie Moning. I also really like the work of Ilona Andrews, a husband and wife writing team. They have a few different series but I really loved Burn for Me

message 6: by Aziza (new)

Aziza | 7 comments The Krinar Chronicles by Anna Zaire’s. HOT Alpha main character from another planet. Virgin Heroine. So similar to twilight but an R-rated version :)

message 7: by Aziza (new)

Aziza | 7 comments The Nectar trilogy by DD Prince. Vampire H. The h is kidnapped and H does rape her when they meet. Takes a little for love story to really develop. So a little darker.

message 8: by A (last edited May 21, 2018 08:32PM) (new)

A Klue (fromthesouth) | 78 comments You might want to check into Katie Reus' "Darkness" series. Here's my review of book 6. I hope to read all the books in this series. She tends to be a romance safe author (alpha protective heroes with no cheating, no OW/OM drama). Though part of a connected series, each book is a stand-alone so you do not have to be read them in order. Your local library might carry this series, btw.

Saved by Darkness

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 9: by James (new)

James Loftus Amber wrote: "I pretty much only read contemporary romance, but wanted to give a paranormal book a try. I read the twilight series year ago, but don’t know where to start. Suggestions?"
You could try my Celtic Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggy-p...

A desperate love is woven between two lovers which a witches hate cannot brake.

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 99 comments James wrote: "Amber wrote: "I pretty much only read contemporary romance, but wanted to give a paranormal book a try. I read the twilight series year ago, but don’t know where to start. Suggestions?"
You could t..."

Hi, James,

Why is only one of your books in KU? Is Book Two a continuation of Book One?

message 11: by James (new)

James Loftus Yes. both books are about my long ago ancestor, Morgund MacAedh - the MacAedh became MacKays, a name I'm sure you've heard. Once numerous and men of note in Scotland unfortunately their royal blood made them dangerous when the succession was disputed. Thus, they were hunted until only a 13 year old boy survived. Rather than succumb to overwhelming odds he carved himself out a piece of Scotland and founded a dynasty. Also, witchcraft is a central theme.
Medieval Scotland, dark treacherous times ...

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelseaneedsacoolmiddlenamef) | 3 comments I say once you've got a feel of paranormal books to give Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews a try.

I will stand behind this series till the day I die. It is one of my favourite paranormal books hands down. You will be so invested in these characters.

Kate Daniels is a mercenary living a world where technology and magic battle for dominance. You have vampires, shapeshifters, witches etc but there is a good twist to each concept. I also wanna say that Kate Daniels is one of the most bad ass heroines I've ever come across. She is a large part of the reason why I love this series so much! Also writing is phenomenal and addictive.