Christ is risen! Now what? discussion

Week 4: May 14-20 > The calm after the storm

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rick (last edited May 15, 2018 03:14PM) (new)

Rick Mills (rickmills9) | 35 comments Mod
Reading: Acts 1:12-23

A lot has happened in the week of Jesus' crucifixion, death, and resurrection. The disciples have been on an emotional roller coaster. Now after the Ascension they find themselves in a little quiet time. Pentecost has not arrived yet. The disciples gather together along with some women as well. They use the opportunity to take care of some business: finding a replacement for the disciple Judas, now dead. After some big emotional events, such as a wedding, funeral, or graduation, have you ever found yourself comforted by routine day-to-day tasks?

message 2: by Lorie (new)

Lorie Tweedy | 19 comments I find it is always nice to return to the comforts of home after big events, travel, conferences, vacations.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Mills | 15 comments I agree with Lorie! Home is largely predictable, and comfortable, and we can influence what happens there, to a degree. Rick and I recently experienced a big emotional event when we traveled to Nashville to support our daughter, Bethany, in her first marathon (she was successful!). I was apprehensive she would not be able to complete it successfully. I remember thinking how glad I would be to have it safely behind us, and to be home again!

message 4: by Lorie (new)

Lorie Tweedy | 19 comments Congrats to Bethany for completing the marathon! I cannot imagine. I can relate to that feeling when you return home and what you have been anticipating or worrying about is behind you. Phew!
It is such a blessing to have God to whom we can turn for that same feeling!