Delirity discussion

Author K > Chronicles of Nick - S. Kenyon

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
While I've enjoyed the series so far, I'm not sure about how I feel about 14 books.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Wow, I didn't realize it was going to be that long. I do like seeing this "sweet" side of Nick, especially in comparison to the later DH books. I really like seeing how Nick protects his mother, mostly for the same reason.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Apparently, these 14 will lead to Nick's dark-hunter book.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Do you know how far away that book is?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Wow . . . had no idea. But it makes since for the author.

I really enjoyed book one, even though the adult series didn't suck me in.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Ummm...are they yearly? Or 2 a year? How ever long it takes I guess. So, 40 books in the dark-hunter series? =)I have no clue.

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I can see myself retired and on social security still reading these and getting funny looks from all the other old people at the old folks home. :)

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Ugh well I guess I wont be starting this series I hate when authors do this. Every book was supposed to be the last and now its like SIKE YA BOOBOO! 14 BISHHHESSS.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Chakara wrote: "Every book was supposed to be the last and now its like SIKE YA BOOBOO! 14 BISHHHESSS."

Well said.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Darcy there are so many fans out there I'm sure the old folks home will have a mini reading club or something.

message 12: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Chakara wrote: "Every book was supposed to be the last and now its like SIKE YA BOOBOO! 14 BISHHHESSS."

Well said."

lol thank you. I just visualized myself in their position and its sounded legit to me. lol

message 13: by Heather (new)

She never said this one was going to be one book.

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Heather wrote: "She never said this one was going to be one book."

one book? no I'm pretty sure it was always meant to be a series. But not this long that I know. Many times I was waiting for the next "and final" book of the series so I can start it and now I never will.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments The original word from her a few years ago was the plan was only for 6 books. As long as there good I'm happy to have more.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments OK, I always thought I"d try to give the adult series another go. But I just don't feel interested in it.

HOw important is it to this series? I know there were some easter egg/tie ins to the adult books in the first one. But I still don't feel compelled.

message 17: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments If you read the adult series it allows you to view Nick in a different light reading that one. A lot of the characters from that series are in this one, so it's fun to see them here, sort of more innocent.

I started with this series and then moved on to DH. Because of that Nick is one of my favorite characters, surprising because at the point we are in the series he is a bastard and really hard to like. But I remember how he is as a kid, how he loved his mom, Cherise, and put up with how she treats him like a 5 year old. I really love Cherise.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Crap. I really don't want to read the series. I liked the very first book, but the next two kind of burned me out.

Decisions, decisions.

message 19: by Sar (new)

Sar (sarlykaraa) | 13 comments ...and this is why I stopped reading the Dark Hunter books. -_-

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Oh? Too many cameos or you just didn't like them?

Oh, and I just noticed that the series is being given the green light for 14 books now! Wow!

message 21: by Sar (new)

Sar (sarlykaraa) | 13 comments I fell hard for the DH books when they first came out. By the time Acheron was published it was a hit or miss if I LOVED the book or not. I was burnt out. And yet it just goes on and on and on and on and on and on...

message 22: by Sar (new)

Sar (sarlykaraa) | 13 comments ...and on and on and on and on and on...

I understand why it's done. The series makes money. It has a huge following. But come on. Sometimes less is more. I am starting to feel like that with Karen Marie Moning and her Fever series.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments A lot of times I think that is just an issue with PNR titles. Or a series should have ended period. (No matter the genre.)

message 24: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 80 comments Haven't caught up on this, I'm not huge on YA, I just love the author