Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Tom Wolfe has died

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle (MichelleBookAddict) (maslme) | 186 comments Also Margot Kidder (Louis Lane from the older Superman). She was 70

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9384 comments I love the bonfire of the vanities. It might’ve been the first grown-up book I’d ever read. I think I was in high school or college and choosing fiction for myself for the first time.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6756 comments Amy wrote: "I love the bonfire of the vanities. It might’ve been the first grown-up book I’d ever read. I think I was in high school or college and choosing fiction for myself for the first time."

I read three books by him, including Bonfire of the Vanities, and honestly I enjoyed all three. I'd really like to read The Right Stuff . . .

message 5: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I only read Bonfire of the Vanities, but I also remember thinking that it was a very grown up book :-D I liked it, but I'm not sure why I didn't pick up any of his other stuff.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9384 comments I read another one or two of his. The something Man? I remember there was another box with the same title written around the same time. I always liked his work.

message 7: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I loved Bonfire of the Vanities and I also liked The Right Stuff. I don’t believe I’ve read any thing else by him.

message 8: by Idit (new)

Idit | 1028 comments I want to read The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.
Have it at home and been meaning to get to it for years now

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6407 comments I'm pretty sure I read The Right Stuff a bajillion years ago (like when it first came out in 1979) ... but it's not listed as read on my goodreads account. I haven't read anything else by Wolfe, though.