Play Book Tag discussion

The Gray House
This topic is about The Gray House
Archive: Other Books > The Gray House by Mariam Petrosyan - 5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue | 1403 comments I admit I picked up this book on Amazon's World Reading day when they offered it for free on Kindle.

I started reading without realizing it's over 700 pages. But I was immediately drawn in and couldn't put it down.

The book has been tagged as Magical Realism, which I would agree with, and as YA which I would really not agree with.

The story is about a boarding school for children with disabilities. But some of them can enter an alternate reality and live there for years while just a short time passes in the house. In the alternate reality, their disabilities mostly disappear.

I would describe this as Lord of the Flies if it was written by Stephen King. And this is the only book that I wanted to re-read the minute I finished it. It instantly has become one of my all time favorite books.

message 2: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Oliver | 2105 comments I also downloaded this book without knowing anything about it. Sounds interesting. Thank-you

message 3: by Booknblues (new) - added it

Booknblues | 6886 comments I'm glad to see such a positive review of this book as I too picked it up on Amazon's World Reading day and hope to get to it soon.

message 4: by Diane (new) - added it

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Ditto. Now I have two from World Book Day that have got positive reviews.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments This sounds intriguing.

message 6: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments I also downloaded this without reading the description. Might be a good one if magical realism is the tag! Sounds like an intriguing premise.