Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta readers for Small Town Cozy Mystery

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Tully (ectully) Hi,

This is a complete manuscript (81K) of a small town cozy mystery.

Dr. Susannah Shine is a Chiropractor living in quiet Peach Grove Georgia. An ex-NYC cop, with a secret in her past, Susannah is enjoying small town life when a local restaurateur is found dead in the clinic parking lot. She soon finds the new detective in town has sets her sights on her as the prime suspect.

Along with her best friend, Bitsy Long and her assistants at her Chiropractic practice, Susannah begins the search for the killer, uncovering local secrets and delving into the medical aspects of home grown poisons.

I'd appreciate readers who are familiar with the sub-genre, but any reader who would like to give it a go will be appreciated.

message 2: by John (new)

John Jeng | 12 comments Has it been copy-edited?
Liz wrote: "Hi,

Dr. Susannah Shine is a Chiropractor living in quiet Peach Grove Georgia. An ex-NYC cop, with a secret in her past, Susannah..."

message 3: by Sharon D. (new)

Sharon D. (tossacoin) | 24 comments I would love to read this~

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Tully (ectully) John wrote: "Has it been copy-edited?
Liz wrote: "Hi,

Dr. Susannah Shine is a Chiropractor living in quiet Peach Grove Georgia. An ex-NYC cop..."

Hi John,

No it hasn't been edited. I wanted to get some feedback and make any changes I deemed necessary before copy editing. However, I think you will find it is in fairly good shape.

If you would like, I could send a few pages and you could look at it and decide if it is readable, if that is the issue.

Cheers,
Liz

message 5: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Tully (ectully) Sharon {asleep} wrote: "I would love to read this~"

Hi Sharon,

I would love to send you a few chapters and you can decide if you want to go through the whole ms.

Why don't you message me with your details.

Thanks,

Liz

message 6: by Cathy (last edited May 15, 2018 09:41AM) (new)

Cathy Tully (ectully) John wrote: "Has it been copy-edited?
Liz wrote: "
Hi John,

No, it has not been copy edited yet. If you are interested I could send you a few pages and you could decide if it is in decent enough shape for you to read, if that is your concern.

Cheers,
Liz

message 7: by Cathy (last edited May 15, 2018 09:44AM) (new)

Cathy Tully (ectully) Liz wrote:

To Anyone Responding on this Thread:

FYI,

I am not new to Goodreads, but I usually don't post on these threads, so please forgive me if you see comments in the wrong places, as I get accustomed to how this site works. Thanks!!