UK Book Club discussion

Around the World in 80 Books > Natalie's trip around the world in 80 books 😁

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments I see this is an old thread and rarely used but I still want to have a go at this challenge 😁

I'm already half way through some chic-lit set in northern England and I'm a northern English woman so that's where I shall begin my travels.

ENGLAND: The Bad Mothers Handbook (Kate Long)

message 2: by Tania (new)

Tania | 1008 comments May your balloon never have punchers and you enjoy your trip. Hope you packed lots of sandwiches, looking forward to seeing your reads, good luck.

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments My balloon may not fly with all of the sandwiches and snacks packed.

message 4: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3537 comments Mod
It's best to be well prepared, Natalie, It's a long haul!

Welcome to the challenge, it maybe a well-seasoned thread, but it's still very active. I keep meaning to continue my own travels now that I've completed my US tour....

message 5: by Ian, Moderator (new)

Ian (pepecan) | 5528 comments Mod
Yeah, have a great trip. May your balloon never burst and your supplies never run out. Wet wipes and a torch are useful additions when going somewhere strange and new.

message 6: by Mercia (new)

Mercia McMahon (merciamcmahon) | 610 comments Just 79 more books before you can put your feet up in the Reform Club with a nice cup of tea and some cucumber sandwiches. Best wishes.

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments Thank you, I'm in for the long haul.
There's some I want to read inbetween these too whilst travelling from country to country, so many books, so little time.

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 216 comments Hi Natalie
I too recently started this challenge and only 3 countries in and distracted by other books. Looking forward to seeing your choices Maybe our paths/flights will cross....

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments Ah great! I will look out for you on my travels, I'm easily distracted when it comes to books and also if I read something that's quite intense then I like a bit of trashy chic-lit afterwards to recover lol.

message 10: by Kate, Moderator (new)

Kate | 1389 comments Mod
Good luck with your travels. Its great fun.

message 11: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments I'm finally leaving England!
....but on my travels to Scotland I'm reading 'Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.'

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments Finished Eleanor Olliphant on my travels to the next country, brilliant read! ... parts of the dialogue in this made me think it may have been somewhere Scottish too. On to a rougher part of Scotland now, wish me luck.

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments Ok I may be stuck in Scotland for a while.....

message 14: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecobbaertbe) | 374 comments Have fun, Natalie.

message 15: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments 2. SCOTLAND: Trainspotting (Irvine Welsh)

My stay here in Scotland has been a real rollercoaster.

message 16: by Natalie (new)

Natalie A | 21 comments 3. IRELAND: The Book of Tomorrow (Cecelia Ahern)