YA Book Addicts discussion

All About You > Secret Obsesssions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
Mine are mainly people that no one really knows I obsess over haha:
Jennifer Lawrence
Ellen Page

I also obsess over quotes

message 2: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
I secretly obsess about different mental illnesses. I just find them so interesting to learn about (but I'm not a jerkface who thinks they're "fun" or "quirky" to have; I find that a really gross mentality). Whenever I'm bored and have already done everything I usually do, I search a random condition on Wikipedia (not the best source, I know) and then find myself clicking around learning about similar or, in the end even completely different, disorders. I also have a special interest in finding out about fiction books which tackle mental disorders (in a tasteful way, of course). Unfortunately, most of them deal with the same things, but it's interesting to see how different (fictional) people experience the same mental disorder differently.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) I secretly obsess about tragedies... Any bad thing that happens in the news I like to inform myself on... I don't know why :P

I not-so-secretly obsess about Reign, The Vampire Diaries, The 100, TMI, TID, and Throne of Glass. :)

message 4: by Jordy (new)

Jordy | 49 comments I obsess over Greek Mythology, and sometimes I just browse the internet for Greek myths and write them down for future reference. Even before I started reading pjo I had a love for Greek mythology. :D

message 5: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (last edited Jul 29, 2014 02:32PM) (new)

Amee wrote: "I secretly obsess about different mental illnesses. I just find them so interesting to learn about (but I'm not a jerkface who thinks they're "fun" or "quirky" to have; I find that a really gross m..."

I do also! Considering I want to major in psychology I love to learn about mental disorders and I also love learning about medicine. It's just so interesting to know what can happen to the human brain and behavior.
I love reading books with characters that deal with a mental illness too!

message 6: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordy wrote: "I obsess over Greek Mythology, and sometimes I just browse the internet for Greek myths and write them down for future reference. Even before I started reading pjo I had a love for Greek mythology. :D"

Aaahh I love Greek mythology!!! I love studying it in school and researching it online(:

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Looking at the stars

message 8: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I love laying in the middle of the street or in the driveway on the ground staring up at the stars!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes I pulled my sleeping bag out there once and it was beautiful

message 10: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments I secretly obsess about the stars, plaid shirts, shiny rocks, and water bottles. (Ik those are weird things to obsess about but I do)

message 11: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Lauren-I love doing that!

message 12: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Omg I use to collect rocks!!!

message 13: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Cool!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too my brother steals them from gardens and stuffs them in his pocket when he collects them

message 15: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Hahah!

message 16: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Hahaha a

message 17: by Jurni (new)

Jurni | 231 comments Thats funny :D

message 18: by Jurni (new)

Jurni | 231 comments I have this weird obsession with ghosts, the afterlife, mediums, and books/tv shows/movies about any of these things

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm obsessed about cheesy awful but hilarious movies...like theJaws movies:)

message 20: by Jurni (new)

Jurni | 231 comments Ditto!! I find them hilarious!! Not saying this is cheesy (though it could be), but have you seen Rat Race? Its hilarious!!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

This isn't really a secret, but I obsess over Switched at Birth even though it's a really awful show

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven't seen Rat Race but maybe ill have to now!:)

message 23: by Jurni (new)

Jurni | 231 comments FangirlNina wrote: "This isn't really a secret, but I obsess over Switched at Birth even though it's a really awful show "

Same here!!! Along with the Fosters, Chasing Life, and Pretty Little Liars

message 24: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
Jurni wrote: "I have this weird obsession with ghosts, the afterlife, mediums, and books/tv shows/movies about any of these things"

It's funny, I actually just read a book about this kind of stuff!

message 25: by Eri (new)

Eri (musicspeaksforemotionsunsaid) | 10 comments Im obsessed about knives for some freaky reason? Seraph Blades, knifes daggers etc. CX Also Music books and Pierce the Veil

message 26: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
I have an obsession over yin and yang (not sure why but I like that there is always bad with good and there is always good with bad)

message 27: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Erin wrote: "I have an obsession over yin and yang (not sure why but I like that there is always bad with good and there is always good with bad)"

Yesss! Thats like my motto!

message 28: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Yeah it is

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow I never nknew that

message 30: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Knew what, that I am obsessed with yin and yang

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

No. WhT yin and yang meant

message 32: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Yeah, you know that the circle it makes, we'll the white is good with a little bit of black bad, and the black is bad, witha little bit of white good

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Huh that's cool!

message 34: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

It is

message 35: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments I think I have an obsession over rings. (Not facial!!!! Just ones to wear on my hand!) I collect rings to wear on my hand from everywhere and I can never leave the house without them on. It's like a force pulling me back inside the house.

message 36: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Haha, I have an obsession over long necklaces.

message 37: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Me too. Long necklaces, rings, earrings, watches, nail polish, and bows

message 38: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Scarves, long necklaces, rings, nail polish, and I have to have a hair tie on my wrist like all the time for whatever reason

message 39: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Yes! Hair ties. I always have them on. (Even in the shower)

message 40: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Me too, I have theses marks on my wrist from wearing the so much

message 41: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Me too. I forget that I'm wearing them also. There's one on my wrist and I forgot about it until you said something.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to know the time at all times so I have on a watch 24/7

message 43: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Me too. My mom bought me this waterproof one for my bday so I always wear it.

message 44: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I have one of those slappy ones

message 45: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Cool. Tea I have two led light ones that are touch screen. And a digital waterproof watch. All of them have timers, the date, and two time periods.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

A digital

message 47: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I have a touch screen one, and my digital slappy one

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Amee wrote: "I secretly obsess about different mental illnesses. I just find them so interesting to learn about (but I'm not a jerkface who thinks they're "fun" or "quirky" to have; I find that a really gross m..."

I do this as well...It is very interesting for me to learn about the different mental illnesses!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow that's cool

These Violent Delights (Robin) I secretly obsess over sad songs. But, I hate being sad.

I also secretly (as in people outside of my family don't know this) obsess over collectible barbie dolls. Not playline though. dolls like: http://www.barbiecollector.com/shop/d... , http://www.barbiecollector.com/shop/d...

« previous 1